My 850CIA

• Hi all!

New user with a new car here!

I bought this beauty about three weeks ago. It's registered as a 95-mod, but from the papers I see it's built late '93. It was imported to Norway in 2003 and had one older owner since who've taken really good care of her.
    She's gone about 85k miles/135 000 km, so technically speaking she's still a young car, hehe ;)

There's a few minor problems I have to take care of though. The expansion tank started leaking. I left the car at BMW the other day for a pressure test and they ordered a new tank and water level sensor for me.
    The horn doesn't work and the airbag light is on, which I suspect is due to a faulty slip ring. I diagnosed the car it the error was ignition circiut on driver side. Going to check and fix this asap. There's also a few very minor rust spots on the sun roof which I hope to fix during the summer.

Except that she's in perfect condition. Just went through a technical test with no faults.

I'm going to do a few upgrades though. I'm thinking about getting the Wokke chips as I've heard a lot of positive things about those, and I'm going to either paint or replace the console. I don't like the wood/cork-ish look. If anyone knows if it's possible to get these anywhere please tell me :)

Anyways, here's pictures

• Hi Trono

Congratulations to your nice car!:top:

i´m sure that someone will change the console wirh you.. ask! ;)

maybe you make a trip to Austria in the end of August
    there we have a internat. Meeting!

But see the Link!

Link

maybe we´ll see there.. :mrgreen-angel:

Greetings from Austria!

SmileitsMe:winkwink:

Alle sagten es geht nicht, bis einer kam der das nicht wusste und es einfach machte...:winkwink:

• Thank you!

I don't know if I'll be able to make it to any meetings this summer, atleast not down in Europe. First of all I'm going to spend some money getting the car in top shape. I'm planning a euro road-trip next summer though ;)

By the way, I know it's a far shot, but does anyone know it is possible to get the consoles in brushed steel? I would gladly trade mine for one :p

something like this

• Zitat von Argonaut;65901

The wood trim consoles are much sought after -especially in the USA - don't paint it! You can buy replacement standard black plastic ones from BMW and sell your wood one for plenty of money :)

I'll second that ! I once saw a (completed) listing for the wood trim fetch nearly US$700.00 on ebay.com. No Kidding. The plastic console replacements can still be bought from BMW (certainly in the UK). For example, the large centre console is GBP£28.00, an the divider console with ashtray was GBP£60.00 when I bought them.

Take your time removing it and you could make a tidy profit buy selling :top:

Nice car by the way :cool:

• You could try spraying the plastic trim with a matte silver paint. Do it right and it would look quite like that image.

• Just thought I could update my thread here as I've completed a few updates during the winter.

Pics are taken today after a wash and polish. Also I polished it with black colored polish and I think the result was quite nice. A tad darker than the original black metallic paint.

Most of the winter went to fail searching my weird airbag problem that still isn't solved and some mechanical work, but for the visuals I've got
    - New center console
    - New three spoke steering wheel
    - Removed ash tray and installed a BMW cup holder.
    - Tinted tail lights

On my to-do list:
    - Get those rims cleaned up. I've tried a bunch of soaps and rim cleaners to get rid of that brake dust, but no go. They look horrible at the moment. I appreciate all tips and hints here :)
    - Re-strengthen and repaint the front spoiler and perhaps the hood.
    - New sunroof

Anyways, pics pics! The last one is how the rims looked under a year ago..

• Thanks! :mrgreen:

When I actually went to a professional store they had some special cleaning products that I bought. Expensive, but it cleaned them real good. Got them back to how they were when I bought the car. Up close there's still many dark spots, so I will probably look into a professional refurbish later.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!