I think I've been seduced....

• Hey chaps! :winkwink:

I think I have found another 8er that I want. However, I would need to sell mine first (alas the pot of money stops somewhere!)

So...what price do you guys think is fair for mine?

Here are the details (pictures on my profile):

1997 840ci Sport Individual
    Canyon Red Metallic (no rust or damage at all)
    Light parchment leather (I think, it is an individual interior with piped-front seats)
    128,000 miles, used reguarly.
    I am the 4th owner, 1st being BMW Shrewsbury. I have also made contact with the 2nd owner who owned her until 2004 to get previous history.
    full BMW service history, serviced every 10,000 miles
    totally original, no mods, extras, original toolkit, fire extinguisher, etc.
    even comes with the original sales brochure! All books, service, radio, user manual all present.

had a large amount of work done over last 10 months...including:

• Bilstein inserts at front w/camberplates (by Gerry)
    • Powerflex bushes
    • totally new sunroof (metal lid and all mechanicals, inserts, rollers, seals, etc)
    • 4 new tyres
    • 2x new front calipers
    • 2x front discs
    • 4x brake pads all-round
    • all-new brakelines
    • new fuel filters
    • new BMW exhaust fitted at BMW
    • new a/c condenser and aux. fan
    • 2x (!) air conditioning service
    • oil service
    • total interior restoration - professional leather cleaning and protection
    • new front lower bumper (sports) as previous one was damaged
    • new OEM mats
    • full body polish and protection

I think that's it!

If I don't sell it, then fair enough, especially with the amount of work and time I've put into her...but I have seen this other one and well...you know the rest!

Any feedback would be great! thanks! :eek:

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• :mrgreen: Hee hee - I know the feeling sir.
    I would be inclined to hold on to what you have, given the time and especially money you've spent on it. The fact that it sounds as good as new at this stage would encourage me to keep it anyway.
    However, such are the joys of cars, thoughts start to enter the head eventually (sooner rather than later for the most part!) about changing!
    I had a similar idea myself however no funds! I think I'll get my own
    overhauled therefore keeping it for longer than planned.
    Good luck either way!

• Hey Keenan!

Yeah I am inclined to keep it, I would like a new one, but the only reason would be for less miles. I'm having trouble getting my head around paying a premium for a car the same age! Also, after having so much done to it, it would be a real pain in the ass to have to replace it all again! most of the stuff is just age related, not due to the mileage!

Ah the dilemma!!!

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von violetduck;67679

Hey Keenan!

Yeah I am inclined to keep it, I would like a new one, but the only reason would be for less miles......have to replace it all again! ......not due to the mileage!
    Ah the dilemma!!!

Hey violetduck - I understand completely and to be honest, that would be my main reason for a change myself. I'm at 109k miles and a lower mileage model would be nice. However, the miles on these cars is not really an issue (as far as I'm aware anyway!). You could end up paying a good lot of money, for a same year, less mileage model but then could potentially be faced with "upgrade" costs which you've already done on your own car! It's a tough one alright - you have a devil on your right shoulder telling you sell, and an angel on the other telling you to keep it! :devilchilli:........:mrgreen-angel:

• Hey Sparkles,

Nice looking car! I was going to go for a Barbados Green one before, but the only thing that puts me off is the colour ironically! Although...I will definitely think about it! :harhar:

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von keenan;67687

Hey violetduck - I understand completely and to be honest, that would be my main reason for a change myself. I'm at 109k miles and a lower mileage model would be nice. However, the miles on these cars is not really an issue (as far as I'm aware anyway!). You could end up paying a good lot of money, for a same year, less mileage model but then could potentially be faced with "upgrade" costs which you've already done on your own car! It's a tough one alright - you have a devil on your right shoulder telling you sell, and an angel on the other telling you to keep it! :devilchilli:........:mrgreen-angel:

Exactly. Oh and I forgot before to mention that I've had all the tie rod ends, track rod ends, control bushes, D-bushes, wheel hubs..and a new horn!

If I did sell, someone would be getting a very well looked after car. My biggest worry is that I buy a low mileage 8, and its needing it all doing all over again. It might have less miles...but its still a (min) 10 yr old car!

I am not going to use the Shamal as a daily driver, I don't fancy being on first name terms with the AA man!

...Maybe I should just buy a 1 Series :laugh:

Maserati Shamal 1996

• just to resurrect this thread...people's thoughts on the Z3...in particular the Z3m Roadster??

Any experiences good or bad??

Cheers!

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von violetduck;68441

just to resurrect this thread...people's thoughts on the Z3...in particular the Z3m Roadster??

Any experiences good or bad??

Cheers!

I only have the one without the M-badges but with a nice enough powerplant at 2.8l. The Z does happen to have the m-sport suspension though, sticks like a glue to the tarmac...

Very nice, even for a big guy like me. 185cm and weight in the better part of 100kg.
    There is no extra room but roomy enough. Drove mine from southern Germany (Ulm) to Finland in couple of days so it's a tourer also. ;)

Motorbike doesn't see much road with the convertible being so nice.

Even used it during the winter for the first year and it was not bad at all but have kept it garaged it since. It started to be little problematic at -25C...

I have been meaning to sell it but somehow can't be bothered to actually make the effort. Also every time there is an opportunity there also seems to be an excuse not to sell it. It seems once the Z4 with folding roof comes down in price we might need to start to keep an eye on trade mags.

There is one thing that I'd change if it would be reasonable, this needs an 6 speed gearbox.

Marko
    from Finland
    850i -91, 6 Speed manual

• Thanks Marko.

I've just picked up an E36 Compact 316i 1999 with 60k on the clock, full BMW service history, 1 owner, for £800...thats the winter car sorted out then!

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a decent Z3. I'm not keen on the Z4, I don't know what it is about them, just don't float my boat seemingly :D

Maserati Shamal 1996

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!