Not an 8...but wow!

• Just thought I'd share this beast with you guys. My mates Dad just picked one of these up. I have never seen one before and my oh my it looks and sounds great!!

Notice the 8 sitting quietly in the background, which if I don't mind saying so, still looks fabulous even against such a modern car. The timeless design of the 8 series lives on. :top:

:winkwink:

• Holy sh*tballs! That's a peach. 6.3 litre? That must have cost a few pence!
    Nice however, very nice indeed.
    I agree entirely with your sentiments about the 8 though sparkles - it's a timeless gem, an absolute beauty!

I think I prefer the previous SL model mind you - the new one is a good bit meaner looking but the "old" version, I reckon, is a tad nicer.....

• I'd actually have to agree.

The only car I would have other than the 8, dare I say it, would be an SL55 AMG. Great all rounder and can be had for not too silly money.

Couldn't bear to get rid of the 8 though. They are just too rare and it still makes me feel special every time I drive it. Its definitely got the X Factor.

• Zitat von Wildatheart;69735

I saw this Aeromax outside Halfords the other day...

Now the back does not look too bad but they just F($£*D the front as if it's been smacked by a giant kipper....
    Awful looking car...

Merc not bad though. Would not have one even if I was stupid though!! :laugh:

• Zitat von Wildatheart;69735

I saw this Aeromax outside Halfords the other day...

Sorry but I'd have to agree with Schnitz on that, the Morgan is quite simply dreadful. I used to be into classic cars in a big way but even then I didn't go for Morgans. They are in realtiy bloody awfully designed and bloody awfully built. Still, whatever floats your boat...
    I do like the AMG SL though - had a duel with one of them on the A8 Autobahn - not much of a duel as the AMG is rather quick :)

• Not my definition of beauty either (especially from the front), though I have to say it looks a lot better in the flesh. Rare, too.

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• avery nice merc there! detailed one of these the other week funnily enough! much much prefer the black edition mercs though with the flared arches etc etc. My pick (if i had an insane amount of cash) would be the CLK variant.

im certain he'll be pleased with it!! thanks for sharing!

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!