So, that's that...

• After two years of ownership I've decided that the time has come to move on. I don't want to sell the 840 but unfortunately circumstance dictates that I do because I can't really afford to keep it. It's too uneconomical to use as a daily driver and the prospect of future repair bills that I will struggle to pay is not a pleasant one. I've really enjoyed my time with it and have no regrets so at least it'll be a tearful farewell for all the right reasons :) Not going just yet as I still have some bits and pieces to sort out but just thought I'd let you guys know.

• Sorry to hear that Seb however understandable if affordability is an issue. 2 years of the 8 series ownership is sweet however. Good luck with the future sale.
    Also, am looking foward to the 8 series story in next months BMW mag :winkwink:

• I can now officically say I am a member of the 'after eight' club as well!

Same thoughts as Seb really, I think the new exhaust pipe finished me off.

I did get another BMW though, so I'm still (kinda) in the fold) :laugh:

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• I got a Z3 M as its replacement...totally different car, and I will sorely miss the 8, but it was a good run!

The Z3 M is a totally different car however :devilchilli:

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von violetduck;70695

I got a Z3 M as its replacement...totally different car, and I will sorely miss the 8, but it was a good run!

The Z3 M is a totally different car however :devilchilli:

You'll be back... I had an e36 evo which has the same S50 as your car. It was fantastic fun for a while but I got sick and tired of thrashing it everywhere plus you'll spend every waking moment with your ear on your vanos waiting for it to give up. I'm just kidding, have fun and don't look back! (then in a year buy yourself a CSi :grin2:).

• After Eight Club?

Sounds like an exclusive members only dinner club that I might have to join as I am also toying with the idea of a B10 V8.

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Unlucky?

Seb, perhaps you've been unlucky? I've just read your short 'running report' in November's issue.....sheesh, sounds like a mobile disaster.

I think a lot depends on the care taken by previous owners and of course good old common 'luck'........

The climate in the UK does nothing to help of course. That and the brainless morons who surround us on our roads and will happily drive into you in car parks etc., Oops, sorry...mustn't rant, I can't even use car parks near me as council has installed ramps suitable for other breeds of modern vehicle with 1 foot of ground clearance..........

Shame you couldn't get the 'mag' to stump up more funds..........

• Zitat von robmarrs;70714

After Eight Club?

Sounds like an exclusive members only dinner club that I might have to join as I am also toying with the idea of a B10 V8.

You will of course be most welcome Rob:winkwink:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!