Where will it all end?

• I appreciate that most of the guys here don't worry too much about the price of fuel because their 8's are not daily commuters, me included. On Friday coming through Chichester, West Sussex the price was £1.16/litre, this morning it was £1.17/litre and on the way home tonight it was £1.18/litre. The government is increasing duty by 2p again in April. I just get this horrible feeling that the time will come very soon when even occasional use will have to be a considered option. :cry:

• I have driven mine 25000 miles over the last two years and I am glad they were fuelled by LPG. I think it is worth considering if an 840 is your daily driver. Get the conversion done by somebody who knows their BMW V8's, not the more ubiquitous Greenfuel type places.

Jaap

1996 840Ci
    1990 964 RS
    1985 Turbo Esprit

• yep the price of petrol here in the UK is very expensive, apparently we pay twice the amount of tax of the EU!!! im not sure how the government has the nerve to do this (if someone knows the reasoning let me know!).

Im pleased i sold my GTR as running it now would cost an absolute arm - it would only run on VPOWER, plus a few shell garages have shut down around here so id have to go out of my way just for fill-ups!!

Not sure where it will end, most probably the demand / market, for -20mpg cars will disappear before too long (10 years), and well before the oil wells run out!

The roads will be full of mass-market diesels, bio-fueled, electric cars in the not too distant future.

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• We're paying around 1.45£ per litre 95 octane gas in Norway. 1.55 for 98 octane :dontknow:
    I'm just glad I don't have to use my 8 for other than recreational driving

• There is a cartain amount of misinformation regarding petrol prices in the UK compared with the EU, I regularly drive from Hungary through Austria, Germany, NL, Belgium and France to get to the UK, fuel prices are pretty much the same in all of those places. The table that Harry posted earlier seems to show this too.

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;74386

yep the price of petrol here in the UK is very expensive, apparently we pay twice the amount of tax of the EU!!! im not sure how the government has the nerve to do this (if someone knows the reasoning let me know!).

The price of fuel on the continent is no better than the UK infact, probably worse!!!!! I went to Germany just before Christmas, and Holland, Belgium, France and Germany were all more than the UK (once the euro was converted back to GBP) which I thought was scary as I always thought it was cheaper too!

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• ahhh right, looks like the papers had it wrong the other week, sure it was in the headlines.... I know fuel has to cost a decent amount to fund new rigs and drilling etc etc but the price everywhere is getting rediculous now!

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!