2 more additions

• unbelieveably a quick google throws up all manner of items ! Here's me trying to be funny and all that...... :oops:

I know it's just for show, but it does look cool Steve. Could never understand why M3 owner raved about the weight saving and center of gravity lowering etc. Surely the same effect of the gravity thing could be achieved by placing 6Kg of sugar (the amount of weight that a £5K carbon roof saves I believe) under the front seats. Counter act his by always filling you fuel tank with 7litres of petrol less than you would (about 6Kg).

There you go. I should work for Mclaren :devilchilli:

• Zitat von TallTony;74868

Could never understand why M3 owner raved about the weight saving and center of gravity lowering etc. Surely the same effect of the gravity thing could be achieved by placing 6Kg of sugar (the amount of weight that a £5K carbon roof saves I believe) under the front seats. Counter act his by always filling you fuel tank with 7litres of petrol less than you would (about 6Kg).

There you go. I should work for Mclaren :devilchilli:

How about reducing the mass of the driver??
    I know I could probably stand to loose 15-20kg.... thats alot of carbon parts :rofl:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Noggie;74869

How about reducing the mass of the driver??
    I know I could probably stand to loose 15-20kg.... thats alot of carbon parts :rofl:

You & me Too:laugh:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;74836

Carbon roof & window tints, those pesky mirrors are next:harhar:

Damn you beat me to it!
    That looks very good.
    I discussed getting mine vinyl'd in carbon last week when I was getting my paintwork estimates.
    How much did yours cost and were they able to wrap csi mirrors, as the guy I spoke to said it would be too much of a PITA?

• Zitat von Lloyd;74926

Well they wrapped an M3 in matt black in this months BMW car so if you have the money anything is possible even chrome:naughty:

Hmmmm... Chrome mirrors :kotz:
    Not sure if I like the sport mirrors yet so they might be for sale and I'll get the original ones done instead!

• Zitat von Daz850;74925

Damn you beat me to it!
    That looks very good.
    I discussed getting mine vinyl'd in carbon last week when I was getting my paintwork estimates.
    How much did yours cost and were they able to wrap csi mirrors, as the guy I spoke to said it would be too much of a PITA?

The guy who did my tints also did the roof, Viynl wraps is a new enterprise for him & mine was his 1st:harhar: he's done a terrific job although slightly over budget at £180, it covers the 8s' archilles heel' roof rust with style, when asked if he could do the mirrors he rubbed his chin & muttered something about a challenge so it went no further:)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;74929

The guy who did my tints also did the roof, Viynl wraps is a new enterprise for him & mine was his 1st:harhar: he's done a terrific job although slightly over budget at £180, it covers the 8s' archilles heel' roof rust with style, when asked if he could do the mirrors he rubbed his chin & muttered something about a challenge so it went no further:)

Been quoted 140 for the roof and had a similar chin rubbing/head scratching moment when I showed him the mirrors :laugh:

• Zitat von Lloyd;74926

Well they wrapped an M3 in matt black in this months BMW car so if you have the money anything is possible even chrome:naughty:

I saw that too, it looked very good. It had me wondering about what a mat black 8 would look like and then I thought, naaah.

• that Batmobile 8er was matt black IIRC, or was it just undercoat ?? :hmmmm: Either way it wasn't the best look in my opinion.

Cannot see how you could possibly wrap the Sport mirrors with CF effect wrap and make it look realistic due the 3D curves etc. If you wanted them badly then perhaps carbon e36 M3 ones could be adapted, but then we are getting into the carbon Handbrake territory area anyway which is not for me. I like the roof idea, and as it's essentially a 2D surface it works and could easily fool anyone who isn't 'in the know' regarding CF wrapping. :cool:

• Zitat von TallTony;74949

Cannot see how you could possibly wrap the Sport mirrors with CF effect wrap and make it look realistic due the 3D curves etc. If you wanted them badly then perhaps carbon e36 M3 ones could be adapted, but then we are getting into the carbon Handbrake territory area anyway which is not for me.

I've taken my sport mirrors off the car again now as I think I prefer the original mirrors anyway. Going to put them up for sale instead of ruining them with carbon vinyl that could end up making them a bit 'chavvy' :laugh:

The guy I spoke to said he can do the roof as a foreigner for 80 notes at the weekend. :top:

• C F roof

That roof looks exell against the white, the bloke who applied it must be talented or odd ? & the price u've paid gives a good bench mark for quotes to work from,
    so heres the thing,

I WANT IT DONE NOW !
    WHERE DO I GO ?
    WHO DO I NEED TO KILL ?
    WONDER WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ON ORIENT BLUE ?

:driver:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!