2010-05-02 - UK - Duxford BMW show - ALL VERY WELCOME

• Yes, May the 2nd this year (2010). I will be taking both the 840ci and the 740i (my friend will drive the 8er). We usually meet up at the MacDonalds on the A505 junction with the A1301. After a general poke at each others cars we head to Duxford at around 9:00AM.

I know of at least a couple of other 8er's who are coming, you are all welcome. As usual, this is organised by Bernie who will be directing traffic as we enter Duxford.

If you are intending on going let me or Bernie know and we can add you to the (extensive) list! We would love to see many more 8er's this year. This is not a 'car show' as such and your car does not have to be a shining example of the marque. I'll be turning up in a car where most of the sunroof has turned to rust!

• I will be there, do you need my registration, and do we go through "gate 1" at duxford, as this is for car club display. Ive been told this by my son who is going with porsche club gb.

850 csi, Orient Blue, Silver+Grey Leather,BBS 17\'s

• It will be good to see you Shapley. The 'show' cars go through the gate further away from the main entrance which I think is Gate 1, around 9:00AM. Park at the front with the other 8'ers as shown in the map above. If the attendant in the kiosk asks which club you are with (they don't usually ask), tell them you are with The 7 Series Register. I will be there in a Orient Blue 840ci. I will do my best to meet everybody. Everyone is friendly and will be pleased to meet you.

Anyone else wants to join just arrive around 9:00AM and park at the front!

• A change in plans might mean this is now a possibility for me.

If I can get there, some questions:
    How much does it cost to get in?
    Who do I need to inform?
    I may be bringing my son and would want to at least pay the museum a quick visit during the day. So can we get to the museum from the display area - or is it a five mile hike and a king's ransom?
    I might not be able to stay until late - are cars allowed out early or is it a lock in?

Thanks.

• It costs £9.50 per person to get in.

We are right amongst the museum areas, here is the tank driving area behind us:

In front of us is the American flying museum. It takes a full day to see just the main exhibits. Once you have paid to get into the car area the museums are all free.

I have seen people leaving early and I am not aware of a lock-in. Just take it slow, there are usually loads of people around the car areas.

You don't need to inform anyone, just park in the area for the 8'ers as shown above. The plan is very fluid, one or two have dropped out, five or six have been added!

The latest full parking plan for the BMW's is shown below:

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/7sf/D…/Duxford_Parking_2010.pdf

Apart from the BMW's there is an array of other makes, as well as motorbikes

• Post-show and I can't argue with value for money. A car show and full museum access is good at £9.50.

Entrance to the site was a total joke. You can't take show cars accross a muddy field! My car is in a right state. Members of the public got new tarmac, show cars got a mudbath....

Still, I used 'winter mode' on the auto 'box for the first time to prevent getting stuck in the mud. It works and uses 2nd instead... I think...

Will definately go again next year; on the condition I can drive on to the site using tarmac.

Thanks for letting me on the stand... especially Timm and Bern.

• I was going to turn up. Washed the car, polished the exhaust tips, did the stone chips, even got as far as setting the alarm for an early start. Then I checked out the late night weather forcast, looked like a 2 hour drive in the rain followed by all day in the rain followed by a 2 hour drive in the rain. :dontknow: Maybe next year.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von shiggsy;76258

I was going to turn up. Then I checked out the late night weather forcast, looked like a 2 hour drive in the rain followed by all day in the rain followed by a 2 hour drive in the rain. :dontknow: Maybe next year.

All the above goes for me too.

• Still, 5 x 8-Series at Duxford, it must be a record!

Thanks to all that turned up, it was good to meet you....and for those who didn't make it.....whimps.....

P.S. 7-Series boys seem to be made of hardier stuff, they all turned up

• Underside pressure washed (a horrible, wet and cold task) and I have received this as a reply..... we'll see ;)

------------
    Dear Mr Mills

Thank you very much for your comments.

I would like to reassure you that we are taking your comment about the access route seriously. We are already looking into an alternative way of bringing the cars onto site so that dust and mud issues can be avoided in the future.

Again, I thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.

I wish you all the best.

Kind regards

------------------

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!