• Zitat von stevep840;82193

You gotta laugh at that:rofl::devilchilli:

Huesey, all the very best on your HM, hope all your troubles are behind you on your return.

Sun protection factor 50 for your Glaswegian skin{just so nowt gets burnt & falls off]:top:

Haha cheers lads, My mrs says i have chicken skin.
    Fingers crossed i can have a drive of my 8 when i get back.

cheers

• Hello again lads its been a while, I just recieved the phone call that i have been waiting on for 3 months to say that my car will be ready tomorrow.It was ready tonight however after me telling my mechanic that the MOT ran out 2 weeks ago it will have to stay in the garage for another night.Eventually the garage had to pay £1200 to refurb the original box and it is now working perfectly with whatever internal parts replaced and upgraded if possible.Im a little worried about my expected bill though with me having to fork out for :removal of gearbox, re-fit gearbox, Remove gearbox although this time no exhaust or subframes etc needed taken off as they noticed it wouldnt work prior to doing this, And finally refit the lot and new oil. Im hoping it will be less than 1K but since im unsure of the hours needed to complete each job i can only guess.

Will let you know when i get her.
    Cheers
    Derek:top:

• Hi,
    Well shes back and is drivin very smoothly, It cost me just under £700 which included the MOT. Im pretty happy with the cost considering i have got a years guarantee with the refurbed box and all the work that went on.This weekend i will treat her to a full body wax and replace cabin filters, new plugs, and some new plates.Fingers crossed it wont need to see a mechanic for a while.

Cheers

• Theres no way you can scrap a car this good lookin and in such superb condition, In my eyes the car which i have always wanted will be worth more than i paid in a few years if i look after her.However hace noticed that i have a slight whining coming from her which seems rev related but is defo not the box or diff and seems to be comin from the engine bay.Seems to be only in first and second though, any ideas guys?

• Oh and while im here, £115 to fill her up!! Bloody hell i was lookin for a hole in the tank. My previuos e39 M5 only took a max of £75. How many miles should i expect on a full tank?

• That's the cover over the heater valves assembly, but I assume the whining noise you describe comes rather from the nearby auxiliary water pump than the valves. The valves normally only make a clicking sound.

• Hi, Yes defo isnt that as i have managed to quiten that down now, The whining with revs is hard to pinpoint as you cant really hear it when you are in the engine bay, It is clear as a bell inside though and sounds like it is coming from the the cabin side of the engine bay or even behind the dash,The car had a new water pump fitted a year ago aswell unless there is another pump?.Also i can hear water sloshing when i turn the heater on coming from behind the dash, Air i guess but how do you bleed the system? i used the bleed screw at the radiator but no water came out.The whining is my main issue though.Any help appreciated lads.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!