2011-06-17..19 - NO - International meeting in Norway June 17th - 19th 2011

• I just got home from 5 weeks in Africa on Friday.

Me and Terje still have a little more work to be done, but we hope that we will have it finalized in a week.

More updates will be posted very soon.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von fabrice;86643

Hi,

It's ok with me for june 17 to 19. I would like to come if you don't mind.
    Fabrice:driver:

Fabrice Great new's :winkwink:

Working on the final details and will bw updating soon on the final details for signing on and booking of hotel.

If only half of the people that are saying their intersted are coming it will still be a big meeting :top:

Regards
    Terje

• New update in the first post.

Now including invitation and prices.

Please sign up now !!!! :winkwink:

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Hello,

Egil and Terje you can count on me.:devilchilli:
    Per i think i will come with ferry from france or belgium. I will check it. I might drive back but don't know yet!
    Will get back to you.
    Dick, how do you intend to get there drive or by ferry?

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• We will leave in convoy on thursday Fabrice(that's the planning till now).
    The ferry is stil an option.
    Should be a car of 6 all together.
    But it's possible some will go at a earlierdate, some will stay another week...so how many cars on the way back isn't sure.
    We are discussing it still.
    But ofcourse we would like it very much when you drive with us!

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• Dick,

I have seen on the net and i can't find any ferry from amsterdam or belgium or france and it seems very long wich i didn't figure it out first. So the best way to go is to drive to denmark then take a ferry from hirtshals in Denmark to kristiansand in Norway. The problem i have is Valerie isn't coming with me due to family planning with her sister. Valerie's niece is celebrating her communion and Valerie is the godmother of her niece. So that means i will have to come alone. I don't want to drive so many kilometers on my own it is too tiring. I am trying to ask for someone from our club to come with me which i hope i find. Tell me which route you plan to take.
    Is there any german coming as well?
    Per i don't think then i will be able to go through sweden that's too many kilometers.

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• Fabrice,

We don't have a definitiv route yet, there is some talk to go by ferry from Denmark to Bergen or Stavanger(depends on the time) otherwise it's also suggested to do one trip by ferry and one over land....
    But when I know what we do, I will tell you.

We didn't find also a ferry that will bring us directly, perhaps anybody else have suggestions/experience?

Dick

• I've searched for some ferry connections. There are not so much.

One line only from Hirtshals, Danmark, 20:15, to Stavanger, 00:15, but doesn't go every day. Serves for going to Stavanger, but no return on Sundays.

Minimum two ferryboats every day from Hirtshals, Danmark, 11:45 and 18:00, to Kristiansand (Norway), arrival 14:00 and 20:15.
    Retour starts 08:45 and 15:00 in Kristiansand (Norway), arriving 11:00 and 17:15 at Hirtshals (Danmark).

Furthermore exists a speedboat connection cruizing only ca. two hours.

Servus:

Armin

@ Egil:

B12 5,7 46/57 and 5,0 12/97 paid.

• Thanks Armin! (And Happy Birthday!)

:top:

Dick

• For ferries you should check out www.Colorline.no and www.fjordline.no

I know Fjordline has a boat from Hirtshals to Stavanger, and this run on Thursday the 16th at 13.00 from Hirtshals, and returns Monday the 20th at 21.00.
    For those who choose this ferry I can pick you up when it arrives and take you tothe hotel.
    The departure time is such that you will need another night in Stavanger, and can make the walk to the pulpits rock before leaving on Monday.

If not there is the option to go frm Hirtshals to Kristiansand, and drive the 250km to Stavanger (3+hours).

Third option is the Kiel - Oslo ferry, however then you have a 650km drive to Stavanger.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I've checked out various routing options all starting from Düsseldorf. My favorite (and actually 2nd cheapest) is via Kiel, then take the ferry to Oslo (19.5h) and go cross country to Starvanger.
    If anyone is interested in more details PM me with your email and I happily send you the word document with 5 different options.

• Zitat von Noggie;86717

Third option is the Kiel - Oslo ferry, however then you have a 650km drive to Stavanger.

But that's following the southern coast line, correct? What I picked is more direct and Google maps calculated 531km (entering Stavanger from the north). Or is this route not advisable?

• Zitat von wokke;86744

But that's following the southern coast line, correct? What I picked is more direct and Google maps calculated 531km (entering Stavanger from the north). Or is this route not advisable?

That is following the coastline yes.
    Very safe and easy drive.

Over the mountains I would say a GPS is mandatory, some of the roads are narrow and bumpy, and it's easy to take the wrong turn and end up a completely different place.
    However the scenery is absolutely spectacular and is by far the most entertaining route to drive. (narrow curvy mountain roads)

When we get hold of the Norwegians we may be able to arrange some sort of "convoy" from the different ferry terminals as I would expect most of you to come on the same ones.
    I know of a few driving from the Oslo area, perhaps some of the Swedes too.

When it gets closer and we know more about who is coming we can start to arrange meeting points at the various locations.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;86745

Over the mountains I would say a GPS is mandatory, some of the roads are narrow and bumpy, and it's easy to take the wrong turn and end up a completely different place.
    However the scenery is absolutely spectacular and is by far the most entertaining route to drive. (narrow curvy mountain roads)

So my vote goes for this route.
    I have a GPS, don't mind to get lost :rofl:and love spectacular scenery.

• Zitat von wokke;86746

So my vote goes for this route.
    I have a GPS, don't mind to get lost :rofl:and love spectacular scenery.

It is the quickest route, only downside is that you will end up close to the camping and follow the same route as we will drive from the camping on Sunday to the hotel.
    You will see the scenery twice unless you decide to take the same ferry home, then you will probably leave us on the mountain on Sunday and go towards Oslo as we head back down to the e39 main road.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!