• I do not think you can just purchase the lense in the FTP strip - I believe that you have to purchase the compete assembly.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Yes, expensive I'm afraid. I purchased 2 in September and managed to get 15% discount but with Vat now at 20% it's going to be the best part of £400.00 for the pair. My glass was OK but the reflectors had all but worn away.

The trouble is even the breakers know their worth and will ask top money. I concluded in the end that the extra £50 was worth it for brand new.

Good luck

• I actually did take the lense off of one - you have to carefully cut the black silicone seal, then clean up all the left over silicone out of the groove, then replace it back into place with new silicone. My glass lense was in great condition, but as stated above, you can not just get the lense.

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Zitat von huesey1974;86063

Hi,
    Thanks guys, Eurocarparts £179 ARGHHH!!!

Will check out the online scrappies me thinks.

Cheers

Surprise surprise. Euro are out of stock. :roll:
    I have an FTP with a cracked indicator lense if you want to try and get the fog glass off to put on yours?

• Zitat von rogbmw;86067

I actually did take the lense off of one - you have to carefully cut the black silicone seal, then clean up all the left over silicone out of the groove, then replace it back into place with new silicone. My glass lense was in great condition, but as stated above, you can not just get the lense.

Ditto, it is doable.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Zitat von Daz850;86085

Surprise surprise. Euro are out of stock. :roll:
    I have an FTP with a cracked indicator lense if you want to try and get the fog glass off to put on yours?

Hey,
    That would be great! Let me know what you want for it and we can take it from there.

Cheers

• Zitat von huesey1974;86089

Hey,
    That would be great! Let me know what you want for it and we can take it from there.

Cheers

I'll dig it out of the 'stash' at the weekend and PM you the details. :top:

• My local stealers charged me £150.00 inc VAT for a new one. 3 days delivery. As said before all the scrappies seem to either know the value of these or they were one of the first items sold!

• I am also looking for the same glass lense, drivers side, a stone hit mine and put a hole in it.

Reflector, etc is ok on mine so I will have a go at splitting the glass lense off if anyone has one handy?

;) Make the most and enjoy it all while you can..

Rob

1998 840Ci Red
    2001 740iL Gold
    Manchester, UK

• Zitat von rogbmw;86067

I actually did take the lense off of one - you have to carefully cut the black silicone seal, then clean up all the left over silicone out of the groove, then replace it back into place with new silicone. My glass lense was in great condition, but as stated above, you can not just get the lense.

Did you take the indy lense off as well?
    Looks a bit better bonded than the fog lense.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!