Sultan of Brunei E31 here????

• 8Harry8: There is no C3, only the M12, C2 and C2 Spider. According to the Italdesign website the Nazca M12 had the BMW M70 5.0-liter V12 (link) and the Nazca C2 the Alpina 5.0-liter V12 (link). The Italdesign website is unclear on the Nazca C2 Spider: it claims the car has the 380 bhp engine from the 850CSi, but the listed engine displacement is wrong and more like (but not exactly equal to) that of the Alpina 5.7-liter V12 (link). It's unclear to me how that Alpina 5.7-liter engine ended up in the Sultan of Brunei's M12 because at the time the M12 was developed, there was not yet an 850CSi or Alpina B12 5.7 Coupé... Perhaps the M12 prototype was still built while the C2 was in development and got its improvements as well?

Anyway, it's no secret Italdesign went shopping in the E31 warehouses for the Nazca family: They have the E31 MID, (slightly modified) instrument cluster, steering column stalks,... and probably considerable parts of the E31's electrical system.

I never really liked the Nazca M12, but I think the Nazca C2 and C2 Spider look very nice. Italdesign was clearly inspired by the 850i while redesigning the nose of the M12 into that of the C2. It's a shame they never went into production.

• Zitat von revtor;91181

There is no C3, only the M12, C2 and C2 Spider.

I think, there is a fourth of them indeed. The Sultan's car matches with none of the Nazca's on Italdesign's website. It's blue, o.k., may be painted outside, but also the interior? And it is a RHD! Rebuilt? No, this is the fourth.

• Zitat von Angler;91182

I think, there is a fourth of them indeed. The Sultan's car matches with none of the Nazca's on Italdesign's website.

To me it looks exactly like the last evolution of the Nazca M12 (see picture 7 on the Italdesign website - no direct link possible with this crappy Flash website), but obviously in RHD version. Just to avoid confusion: there were only three models, the Nazca M12, C2 and C2 Spider, and (according to some sources) there were only three Nazca M12. The Italdesign website shows only two of them, so the sultan's car has to be the other one. Since the sultan's M12 is a 1993 car, it seems the M12 was still further developed while the C2 and C2 Spider had already seen daylight. I do not have production numbers of the C2 and C2 Spider, but there are at least a few of each as well. Although not intended for series production, Italdesign probably built a few cars of each model on request for wealthy car collectors.

• for sale @ 1.1 million dollars. Impossible to insure.:rofl:
    strange thing, all the pictures of this car are the same they have been on the net for a few years.
    love to see that on TopGear.

• Hi mate !

yes I do occasionally think of jumping back in to the fold, but then something else in the house just keeping pushing it back ! Still lurk in an out of this site every other day though and still find the posts fascinating.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to get another one, but I'm aware that all the e31s are not getting any younger !

Wonder if they'd let me through the gates on my motorbike at Gaydon on Sunday ???

• Zitat von TallTony;91189

but I'm aware that all the e31s are not getting any younger !

Ah - but although my car may look like it's "Arctic Silver" it is in fact "Dorian Grey" :harhar:

• May also be impossible to register as the last of the S70/M70 engines supposedly had to be registered by the end of 1996 as they no longer met new emmissions requirments. Hence, M73.

Having said that, one ex-Brunei, B5.7 was registered first time in the UK with 2001 plates, but it depends on how much the authorities are likely to check.

• Are you planning on going?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!