Time for a change?

• Zitat von reinhard;92574

The number of 8-series enthusiasts to me does not seem to be on the rise. I see it rather the other way around which means that there are way too many cars in the market still. The few "new enthusiasts" are either of the kind Graham describes, joyriding a car for as long as the pocket money buys petrol and looking for the cheapest and (likely) riciest looking car or those that have taken a (too) long time to make up their mind and believe they´re looking for a keeper. For lack of in depth knowledge this´d preferrably be with very low mileage which generally seems to indicate "best possible condition" (only it does not necessarily, for a car close to or above 20 yrs of age). For the latter buyer 30K is not that much money considering that they just bought a new 3-series convertible for the lady amounting to what? Much more.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Me you are speaking about :harhar: , be careful or I will not buy you a beer :laugh:

• or me, who have put more money into the car than I bought it for.
    And looking at what I've put into it over the past 5 years I could have bought a really nice CSi.

I also don't understand how you can run out of things to do.... my list just keep growing..... currently I have things that will take me years to finish.
    though I suspect 2012 will be a huge leap forward as I have several things lined up.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von stevep840;102185

I sold both my old V12s for good money £7500 Grey & £7000 White both via Piston heads, why not try a different ad with more vibrant;-) pictures

Didnt you like my pics Steve...

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Steve as a pro sellar (how many have you sold?) I welcome your advice. Whilst I want to sell the car I dont want to give it away. Any help very welcome we are all friends on here with a shared interest.:top:

Lloyd

• Buy high, sell low. That doesn't seem fair. Oh well keep everything forever then.:)

I think the market value of mine now is perhaps half what I paid for it.
    On top I have spent about the same again on new parts, not that they were all necessary, but the price of ocd is expensive.:mrgreen:

Ya gotta have toys!

• Zitat von Lloyd;102249

Steve as a pro sellar (how many have you sold?) I welcome your advice. Whilst I want to sell the car I dont want to give it away. Any help very welcome we are all friends on here with a shared interest.:top:

I don't think there is a magic formula but when mine were slow to attract interest,a quick refresh of the ad worked wonders.

instead of the pics with the car on my driveway, I did new photos with the sea in the background or a glitzy car show room, it makes the pics more interesting & possibly retains a buyers interest a moment longer

Managed to sell 6 this way but none were 'Quick out of the Blocks':top: Also try keeping your description flowing using power points rather than long rambling paragraphs.;-)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von e31gixxxer;102354

Two more sleeps to go Steve, the tricky trees!

Plan having a beer or three in the Southbank Before & After then staying over at The Beeches on Wilford Lane let me know if you have time for a chin wag?

Gaydon ? are you going?

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Cheers Steve some top tips I may get round to this again soon. Whats the plan for Gaydon, whos going? I must admit I hadnt thought about it this year.

Lloyd

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!