• Zitat von VasJ;96360

BMMINIPARTS were selling a brand new genuine yellow tinted ftp light , dont remember which side was but i think they were selling it for about 120 quid . And yes you are right it did really look absolutely flipping amazing .

My yellow tinted FTPs (a hi-tech :roll: self adhesive "plastic film" solution) cost £2.40 inc P&P and 5 minutes fitting time.

(Excuse me, Vas, for being flippant on this topic previously. I don't think they look good on most 8s but liked them enough on my (yellow) car to keep them on.)

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/15362/

• Cough....Did you buy the wheels by the way? Thanks for the PM re the Sport mirrors also. Sorry I havent any spare

• A provocative thought!

Having been made to feel over the years by Steve (Sandwich) that Dumbos are somehow unacceptable, I consciously looked at hundreds of cars, across all ranges today on my tiresome commute . Virtually all the cars on the road are newer than our 8's and therefore benefit from very modern designs.

My conclusion was that "Dumbos Are In":top:

Seriously though, nothing caught my eye that was remotely sleek and small like the CSI sport mirrors; everything was Dumboish. Having recalled that the CSI mirrors give very poor visibility (by comparison) I deduced that most manufacturers had probably decided that design had to give way to practicality.

Have a look guys, it actually surprised me that mirrors are all 'very sensible' these days.

Cheers
    Graham

• A remake of an 8-series today would have to have mirrors which´d make the Dumbo mirrors appear tiny :D
    This is due to the guys in Brussels devising ever new things that are not easy to comprehend. :harhar: See attachment below for EU guidelines governing mirrors on a vehicle.

I guess that nobody really understood this and so it was decided to make them big, to be on the safe side :laugh:

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von Nifty50;96842

nothing caught my eye that was remotely sleek and small like the CSI sport mirrors; everything was Dumboish.

Graham, I'm not like Sandwich :mrgreen: I think Dumbo mirrors are just another design.. But:

1) Your comment makes me more glad I don't have dumbo's
    2) Don't your observations make you start to hanker a bit for CSi style?

[SIZE="1"]Sandwich: this tactic might eventually wear him down
    [/SIZE]

• Burn

He's a tough nut is old Graham. A man of tradition if you ask me and not sure we'll ever wear him down. Coupled with his 13" wheels perhaps the air brakes represent the perfect accessory...

[SIZE="1"]Only josping Graham. Trying to be one of the lads! I guess it's a side effect of retirement[/SIZE]

• Zitat von reinhard;96846

....... make them big, to be on the safe side :laugh:

Bigger the better I say, like when towing a caravan.

:laugh: I can't keep up with you guys! Think i'll park behind one of the hangars at Duxford.

It will only be a matter of time before one of the electrical wizards on here posts a "how to" on fitting reversing cameras, then we'll all be laughing.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Nifty50;96860

It will only be a matter of time before one of the electrical wizards on here posts a "how to" on fitting reversing cameras, then we'll all be laughing.

:mrgreen: Have them on both of my 8's... easy fit... :laugh:

Cheers,
    Steve

• I'm with you Graham, dumbos are cool. The sport mirrors are too e36 for my tastes. I'll hide my car with yours Graham, we can compare mirror surface areas...

• In the early years of the past decade it was nothing short of an embarassment having to show CSi mirrors because of those things:

Everywhere you looked and on basically any riced up VW, Opel - you name it - you saw those things and along came you, with the proper stuff and felt that unasked for tie, if only in terms of "taste", to those gangstas with baggy pants, idiot caps and all the wrong music in all the wrong volume... :laugh:

Thank god that this was a fleeting fashion fad only and the same guys have turned to ruin the standing of other unsuspecting parts :rofl:

:winkwink:
    Reinhard

• Nice car Reinhard! I think someone may have sold you the wrong sized bonnet though, as it seems to be covering the headlights :hmmmm: and there seems to be a crudely cut hole in there too, is that where you pour in the nitrous?

• Zitat von NickF;96915

Nice car Reinhard! I think someone may have sold you the wrong sized bonnet as it seems to be covering the headlights ..there seems to be a crudely cut hole in there too, is that where you pour in the nitrous?

:laugh: :laugh:

• Zitat von Nifty50;96917

There's always one clever clogs isn't there:roll:

Let's please have a picture then.

Cheers
    Graham

Yeah, I know. Sometimes I should just keep my big mouth shut... :mrgreen:
    As I don't want to go even more off topic here, there is a new thread with the images...

Cheers,
    Steve

• Hello lads . Im sorry to say it but im no longer an E31 owner . Ive PXd it for a newer E90 diesel model but i do miss every bit of it . It really was one of the greatest cars i have ever owned , yeah it had a terrable fuel consump , it was heavy , underpowered , parts were expensive ,not practical etc.etc. But still that was one of the best cars i have ever owned and probably the best one BMW have ever made.
    Anyway it was a real pleasure being a member of this forum but i dont feel like im part of it anymore . Have a good one guys and all the best .

Bye, Vas !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!