A Christmas present to myself !!

• :D:D:D
    Well - after 12 long months of looking I have finally found the car I wanted.

Today, I have taken delivery of a pristine 1997 840CI A Sport in Velvet Blue / Silver (Individual)

I am based in Glasgow and am sure that after a few days of playing around with my new car - I will undoubtedly need help in answering some questions.

In the meantime, I wish you all a Happy Christmas and will post some pictures up as soon as I can.

Ian Downie

PS - Anyone know how long the grin lasts every time I just look at the car ???

• Know how you feel

Getting a Xmas present 1999 Silver with Black Int 40K 840 Sport. Iam smiling and hav,nt even got it yet. Mind you at my age I should know better but who gives a s--t I want one!!!!
    Will post pics next week if I get registered LOL

• BMW 8 series: the perfect Christmas present

Now, let me straighten some of your folks out right now. I am old enough, and have enough car owning experience to do this. Listen to me: you will all be MUCH better off as a result. Trust me on this.

In the relatively short time that I have been on this list, I have had several people express their interest in an "8" Series car in terms of "WANT". Recently, Alasdair said that he should know better but that he "wanted" one.

WRONGO!!!! BAD move, and simply put: BAD THINKING.

If you are old enough to know better, or for that matter, are old enough to understand the car at all (or for that matter, even cars LIKE these), then you should know and understand that "WANTING" has nothing to do with it.

The ONLY rationale for having an "8" series car, is that you have come to that magical place in time and existence, where you recognize that you "NEED" to have one.

It is "NEED", much the same as the basic needs of food and drink that serves as appropriate and understandable drive to acquire an "8" series car.

So, class, repeat after me: I "NEED" A (fill in your model, color, etc).

Say it again, now: "I 'NEED' A (fill in your model, color, etc.).

There! now that we have that straight, proceed! Trust me, this little exercise works. I have 'NEEDED' many cars through my life. Makes the whole process easier, don't you see?[/i][/b]

• Your 8

cONGRATULATIONS ON THE CAR i LIVE JUST UP THE ROAD IN HAMILTON I TOO HAVE AN 840 SPORT 1997.SUPERB CAR.ALL THE BEST

• Christmas

Thanks for the reply and advice LOL totally agree. I DO NEED ONE. The one I was going to buy in Silver with black lth interior and 55k on clock went to see it Sunday 28th and did.nt like it in Silver. It did.nt feel right it did,nt say you need me !!!! So did,nt buy It.
    But I progress. It looks as though I will be buying a Dark Green 1 owner 840ci Sport 1998 with Wait for it only 25k miles. I prefer the dark colour with light tan interior full service history, cruise, elec blinds. Have some some pics if anybody wants to view.

• Happy New year and congrats on your car,i am a proud 850 owner for years now and the grin is still there, just wish i bought the csi instead of the i, but cant get myself to change anymore, so addicted to this this car

Good luck

frank

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!