• At 4.2" long I don't see anywhere to put it unless you removed the ashtray and part of the lighter plastic and put it there. Then you could close the ashtray lid to hide it. Not sure if it is deep enough though. I didn't measure that.

Not a lot of choices where it can't be seen from the car behind but you could still see it. Dash has no nooks at all.

If as you claim you don't drive all that fast the penalty for being caught with the detector sounds worse than a speeding ticket. Especially if it maybe considered a moving violation also.

And don't forget the cost of losing the detector too if you are caught with it.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• A friend of mine got a m5 2002 with a stinger now the problem is that it`s forbiden to use it now in holland :evil: in 2004

2-1-2004 he was caught in Haarlem (holland) in a policecontrol !
    lost his stinger and a he must pay about 220 euro aswell
    he was one of the first that lost his radardetector :cry:
    damn shame, so do you take the risk???

• Zitat von heavy

A friend of mine got a m5 2002 with a stinger now the problem is that it`s forbiden to use it now in holland :evil: in 2004

2-1-2004 he was caught in Haarlem (holland) in a policecontrol !
    lost his stinger and a he must pay about 220 euro aswell
    he was one of the first that lost his radardetector :cry:
    damn shame, so do you take the risk???

So is he just going to pay the fines? How did the police know he had one? Did they use a detector (a radar detector detector) or did they see the display in the car?

Also do you have any idea what was changed in the dutch law to outlaw the use of a radar detecor?

• Well he will pay for sure he laught about it hehe
    to much $ i think 8)
    and they saw the display in the control, but if they didn`t saw that he was nailed for sure because they used a device to see if there
    is any radardetector in the carr,how it works i don`t know?, but if he had turned the detector off and hide the display they didn`t caught him!

And all radardetectors are forbidden, so use a g.p.s. detector it`s not forbidden yet :?

• Radar

At last one thing we hear in the UK are ok with. We don,nt have problems with the law regarding detectors the police actively promote the use of detectors. My problem is which one to use Road Angel or Snooper.

• Zitat von heavy

Well he will pay for sure he laught about it hehe
    to much $ i think 8)
    and they saw the display in the control, but if they didn`t saw that he was nailed for sure because they used a device to see if there
    is any radardetector in the carr,how it works i don`t know?, but if he had turned the detector off and hide the display they didn`t caught him!

And all radardetectors are forbidden, so use a g.p.s. detector it`s not forbidden yet :?

I do know how that works. Most radar detectors use a comparsion signal to compare the detected signal with. This signal leaks into the antenna and this can get picked-up by the police. Bell labs, the manufacterer of the stinger detector, already has "stealth technology" just for this purpose.

• Alasdair

By far the best GPS system currently is "Cyclops". No false alarms and very simple updates via their website. It covers Gatso, Truvelo, Specs,
    temporary & variable sites and laser. It is also reasonably priced. I wouldn't be without it - when I travel in my other cars I feel naked!!

Check it out at - http://www.cyclops-uk.com

John

• i have a snooper 715i and it beeps when you go through traffic lights and everything so i really wouldnt recommend it. i suppose it only beeps to alert you to the cameras on top of the lights but it seems to be over the top and the beeping is very shrill!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!