UK Membership

• They are not easy to come by nowadays are they. I have only been in one csi but it belonged to ian rush and it was a gorgeous white one. Dont think i have seen another white one.

Posted from a mobile

• Frank,

Did you see this CSi for sale in Spain ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI…=2456184429&category=9835

"Rough" Translation

Absolutely impeccable and immaculate, revised of everything. Revisions Bmw, 140 thousand km, three proprietors with complete record, train back autodireccionable, new tires to use for the first time, motor V12, 385 CV, manual 6 speeds + key "S", full equips, ITV and sure a day. The production of the CSI you slime to little but of 1.500 units, of those which, with axis back autodireccionable, alone 800 unite. It was designed by MotorSport by that that their controls, suspension, motor, etc.. they take the stamp "M". it is Probably the Bmw but quick that has existed of series, with constrainer it reaches 259 km/h (crono, not of marcador)y without constrainer = aprox 284 km/h crono with a reasonable consumption = 15-16 liters each 100 km to 4.000 rpm in 6ª, key in posiccion "K" (they are aprox 200 km/h). The vemndo to have other 2 "M" 's. please, to abstain curious or people that doesn't understand. I will respond us mail on the price. Thank you

• beautiful!!

• If/when I come back to the UK I'll be bringing my German 850 with me. Steering wheel on the wrong side is a small price to pay for having such a good car.

Of course, insurance will be the big price to pay! :D

• 8 series in Aberdeen

There are loads of 8 series in Aberdeen...

Must have waved at about a dozen owners, chatted to a few...
    Sadly for me :( I'm between 8s as the family situation changes. This pic is of my lovely 1994 850Ci that I sadly had to trade in for a family machine. When the family settles down I'll be back buying another one. Never loved a car so much as the 8... And of course when I get another one it will be either an 850CSi or an Alpina B12.

Can I still post things though? :wink:

• bertiebeemer

You must really miss the car.

If there is a UK owners meeting - I would llike to try and organise a Scottish convoy of 8s heading south.

I am in Glasgow and knwo of a few others who would make the trip down south.

Did you sell the car locally ? Maybe new owner would appreciate this board ..

Cheers,

Ian

• indeed indeed

Dear Ian

Yes indeed I really miss how special the car was / is.

Don't know the new owner as I traded it in at John Clark BMW in Dundee and they never told me what happened to it.

I collected my 3 series saloon from the dealership, and definitely had a tear in my eye as I drove off. 11 months later I still realise how special those 8 series are. Still check autotrader every now and again... see how prices are doing.

Still, can't complain as my 3 series is a nice car. But of course another family expansion means that the 3 series saloon is now too small. 5 series estate time!

If you're going south and I am, would love to see some 8s wafting along. In fact it would be nice to see the dozen or so Aberdeen ones together. Should have organised it whilst I was here...

Tarra

Simon

• Nick,

IF someone organises a UK meeting in Midlands, the Scots contingent of 8 could meet you en route for the remainder of the journey ...

Who is organising the meeting again ? :roll::?:

Ian

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!