UK Membership

• i must have been tired when i wrote that cos looking at it again this morning, i waffled on and on :D But i think i got my point across.

• uk

You have my 100% support. I only use computers for CAD so hav,nt a clue when you talk about sites being taken away. Can that happen ? So a quick question what security is their for this site and how can it be secured.
    Regards
    Alasdair.

• Re: uk

Zitat von Alasdair

You have my 100% support. I only use computers for CAD so hav,nt a clue when you talk about sites being taken away. Can that happen ? So a quick question what security is their for this site and how can it be secured.
    Regards
    Alasdair.

it wasnt that the site got taken away as such. companies offer hosting on their servers and Philippe will design the site and "host" it on their servers. when people put in clube31.net they will be taken to the site. i believe, although i am not certain, that the hosting company (lycos IIRC) deleted his account.

im not sure why - maybe their systems crashed :?

Philippe can probably explain a little better.

hope i have helped - any further questions please let me know

• Zitat von frank

Have not heard from Philippe in nearly two weeks, either he is on holiday or doing his exams as always, people have problems registering too, i left a message for him........

You were right : STUDIES + GIRLFRIEND = NO TIME FOR CLUBE31 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I promise to be more online now :wink:

• Zitat von ClubE31

You were right : STUDIES + GIRLFRIEND = NO TIME FOR CLUBE31 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I promise to be more online now :wink:

Erm excuse me Philippe - girlfriend or CARS?? :lol:

• Re: Yes

Zitat von al

As far as i know, and as far as i am concerned Philippe runs this forum, made the site and is responsible for it completely. He has to have all the credit and believe me, he needs a lot of credit. As far as i am aware there is no direct connection with BMW, in fact im almost certain there is not.

Good...
    Yes I'm the one who created all, but without your support, it would be nothing...
    Have some connection with BMW, but nothing official FOR NOW.
    I'm currently working on a way to have some official recognition :wink:

Zitat von al

The old site was wonderful and i know he had a lot of trouble with it - in fact one day the whole site was taken from him by his host, somethng he could not control.

True story was :

t was hosted free by "Multimania" (french hoster)
    Lycos bought Multimania
    My website, and some others were in a server / hard disk in Paris
    Lycos decided to move all to germany
    The truck where my website was had an accident...
    Site was still online, but when they switch to german servers, it disapeared
    I contacted them because they had some copies in their servers in Paris
    But the datas were all deleted in the night when they "switch" their server from France to Germany

Zitat von al

All i am saying is that i think he may appreciate a helping hand by like-minded individuals who share the passion for the "8" that he does. I know from speaking to him in the past that he has a lot of exams and spends time studying, i am offering my help to him to make sure that this site stays one of the best and continues to grow.

And I thank you, I'm currently working on putting you as a moderator :wink:

Zitat von al

Correct me if i am wrong but all credit is due to Philippe and he has done an amazing job, and he should keep it up as we all appreciate it i am sure.

Thanks, credit goes also to all members, especially those who gave some content to publish online and now Gold members, who help me to have a good server at "no-cost" so that no more error can happen

Zitat von al

Here is my proposal...

- Philippe keeps full control
    - A SMT type system is implemented (senior management team) to keep a good hold on this site when PB is away to ensure that it continues to grow as it is doing.

What does everyone think? This club is FOR the members but not BY the members... Philippe you have done an amaxing job.

That's a great idea...
    I'm 100% with you, now all what we have to do is find the TEAM :P

Thanks to all UK members, the UK e31s have the best individual exterior & interior colors in the world :D

• Hello there, just got on here today. I live in Pocklington, East Yorkshire. Hope this site proves to be as promising as it looks. :wink:

Cheers,

John.

E. Yorkshire, UK

K8PPL 1993 850Ci

• Zitat von Beammer

Hello there, just got on here today. I live in Pocklington, East Yorkshire. Hope this site proves to be as promising as it looks. :wink:

growing all the time buddy!!

keep with it - its an awesome site with some awesome people!

• not to far, Brisbane here,
    look in the Netherlands forum under ""even voorstellen"" got a pic
    of my interior there, if y cant find it , ill post one here, if they let me :lol:

• Zitat von frank

not to far, Brisbane here,
    look in the Netherlands forum under ""even voorstellen"" got a pic
    of my interior there, if y cant find it , ill post one here, if they let me :lol:

use the image tool to post pics, works ace right now when e31 is suffering bandwidth problems.

• Now there's a good guy, i was just being a bit lazy :roll: ,
    anyway got my car painted just 2 days ago so it looks a lot better now,
    just a little dusty on the pic.
    probably gonna put the car up for sale soon,need a csi :lol:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!