Any english speaking E31 owners in japan

• i'm the only person in these parts with a '96 840ci and know of one other from the embassy in tokyo...but no one i directly know than speaks the lingo in these parts.....i wonder how long this will be posted here. hell, even the JP 8's never replied in this forum :twisted:

charlie...you said the sausages be ready in 5 min, 10 min. ago!

• :!:

that does sound nice. just hope you can wait is all. i have to get my car out from the garage. i took on the tasking of rebuilding my engine and now my manifold is sitting in my front seat. i'm just waiting on a water pump is all. so tell us...what do you think of your E31? :?:

charlie...you said the sausages be ready in 5 min, 10 min. ago!

• Zitat von fuchikoma-x

:!:

that does sound nice. just hope you can wait is all.

Sure. I'll be in Japan for a few more years yet.

Zitat

i have to get my car out from the garage. i took on the tasking of rebuilding my engine and now my manifold is sitting in my front seat. i'm just waiting on a water pump is all. so tell us...what do you think of your E31? :?:

I've loved the E31 since I first saw one in Australia where I'm from in the late 80's. Later I went on to buy a 735iL which became the first registered BMW limousine in the State of Queensland (there are plenty of them now) and was invited by the dealership to new model test day which included road and track driving. On that day I drove an M3 on a track for the first time, the boring and horribly underpowered 316ti and, yes, an 840i. The 8 had the 4 litre engine (I think) and while it was an impressive car it did seem a bit heavy and underpowered to me (remember that I'd just stepped out of 3 hot laps in an M3.)

This year (years later) I came very close to buying a second hand Dodge Viper here in Japan, but was disappointed to find it sold when I went to the dealer with my decision to buy. In it's place was the 840Ci M-Individual complete with a state of the art Alpine voice operated CD/MD/DVD/Sat Nav system.

I've been around for a few years and I run my own business so I'd made up my mind to use all of my busines prowess to negotiate a really good deal and not to make any emotion based decisons... Within 3 minutes of the test drive, I croaked through dry lips, "I... I'll take it..." It was really that good, and with all the mods I plan to make, it will truly be Individual.

The End !

Effexx

Well I caved...

I moved here a little over a month and a half ago swearing I wont need a car as I'm only less than 5km from work and its all downhill. Afterall, that why I shipped my bike here. Well, I'll be damned if it aint a bit colder at night here than in sunny southern California. Just kidding, I've visited Japan many times during the winter and knew what I was in for, just didn't expect it to hit so soon.

So, yeah, 1000ml of Kirin later I find myself rambling on some 8 series site when the doorbell rings (god I hate the chimes here)....who the hell is it, my pizzas already here and half gone. So I mozy over to the peep hole yelling "chyoto mate kudasai". "Takyubin-des". Its odd..moments like this...my brain kicks into Japanese and my inner monologue start to speak in broken Japanese. "Takubin-des...doshite wa ima deska" Two slightly frozen Takyubin workers are standing at my door eagerly awaiting my signiture with an envelope. Not really expecting an envelope...a new printer or palm maybe...but not this. So I sign and away they go. I plop down on the floor and drunkenly open the envelope. A key and some random papers fall out. Huh...whys this here. OH YEAH. I forgot to mention I just bought an 850ci from the next island over. I figured..shoot, good price, dealer car, clean, service recprds, V12....why not.

So once I finish these papers and show my parking space...about a week from now I should be sitting in my nice silver 93 850ci. Of course, I'll probably only be sitting as I haven't converted my license over to international status yet...but hey sitting is better than only looking.

So thats my drunken slurring of how I ran into my 8.

A little more about me though. I'm an adevertising designer here on in house work for a Japanese airgun designer. At the same time I'm freelancing for other such clients as well as exporting rare and vintage airguns ( the latter affords me such luxuries as a V12 monster). I came into the BMW world first about 5 years ago when I saw a friends 88 535is in San Francisco. After that I spent about 3 years searching for the perfect car. I finally found it in San Diego. Black 88 535is. I loved that car, while I didn't have that much free money (most tied up in business venture which landed me here) riding in that car mademe feel specially, a little secret agent like even. And other E28 drivers knew what they were looking at when I drove by. Sadly, I had to sell that car to help fund my asian translation over here. Sad day to watch that car drive from my shops parking lot. 186,000 miles and zero mechanical problems (minor switch faults and ancient, but well kept, interior). That car never let me down. I was hooked, I pretty much knew from then on I'd always have a BMW in my shack. I'm sure I'm getting into a bit of a hastle with this car, being so far from parts sources and not having my usual shop tools to work with...but hey...creativity thrives on hardship. SO thats me, ad designer, photographer, living in Matsuyama, Ehime, sitting in a nice shiny 850.[/i]

Still not here yet...geez this process is miserable. Although I am plotting my mod path though. First up is wheels (stock basket weaves). Next is paddle shift (if possible still researching). Then start putting away a little extra for a zeemax set. Whats great is my building manager is also a customer at the shop I work at...and hes got a trick e30 m3. When he found out I was getting an 8, he insisted I get his covered spot. So yeah...I'm sitting here fondling my key waiting on pins and needles.

• What is a "zeemax set" ?

BTW, I have gone :

19" Mags & Michelin P2 performance tyres which I had to import from Germany
    Sportsprint muffler (awesome sound!)
    K&R performance air filter
    Performance ingnition coil and plugs (short life on the plugs but more power)
    Pantera remote alarm for single-button windows/sunroof open & close

Looking or a turbo or supercharger now but not having any luck. Any ideas ?

FX

Zeemax is the zeemax wide body kit. Adds some really nice dynamics to it.

I've had KN filters on past cars and didnt notice an increase in anything, in fact the larger cylinder type actually drop my mpg and made my 535is feel mushy. I believe in keeping many engine parts fairly stock...saves money and the BMW system is designed around its original trim. I saw a turbo somehwere for the v8...wasnt cheap though...something like 14000usd.

I like your wheels...may have to steal them. I'm thinking of going nitto or yokohama. I had nittos on my 535 and yokohamas on my fiero gt. Both treated me well and I could tell the difference between them and stock tires.

• Hello ! 8 owners living in Japan

I have known here for a long time.
    But, everytime no one to talk to.

nice to meet you, tonight.

Zeemax is very COOL !! > sniperx

I have forgot English completely. :(

usada@Tokyo

• I am also from Tokyo and we are a group of DIYers from Tokyo, Yokohama and Ofuna area.
    See also my website
    http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

Here some pics what we do.

some pics
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/460002/
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/309930/
    Guide for Replacing Alternator Output Cable M70 engine E32 and E31
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/560991/
    parts 750 disassembling
    http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/270025/
    we also have some members with E31 850 here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!