840ci Breaking complete car!

• Following my stolen 840 being recovered I may be looking at the prospect of having baby written off, has anyone any experience of buying back a written off car and is there any interest out there if I decide to break it for spares? as you might know it has had a dual fuel conversion and I want to remove that for my new car, anyone need any parts, 95 840ci Alpina wheels, Schnitzer spoiler, Silver. :(

• Tragic Mark

Feel for you. :cry:

It's a public site so will not repeat what I said to my mates on this.

Cannot advise on the buy back but if that goes through, why don't you get the new one before you sell off the old? Then re-post once you've finished with parts, The interest will be there.

Keith

• Might be worth seeing the cost to repair yourself, although getting hold of parts will be pricey :shock:

Sorry to hear of it though. Are you getting another 8? If you do decide to break it I'm sure there will be plenty of interest. Where abouts in the UK are you? If it has silver-grey sports seats I'd be interested if you're not too far.

Paul.

• Hi Paul Im in Crewe Cheshire my seats are black but Im not sure what Im going to do or what insurance co are planning either, I was just testing the water to see if there was any interest, Im definitely going for another 8 if they write mine off tho :D

• Atleast if you do brake it then it will be helping to fuel other 8's all over the world.... Why couldnt they steal a white corrola instead? dont think anyone would miss that...

• Mark hi,

I would think it through very carefully B4 I bought the wreck. I bought a couple thinking I would be able to sell stuff fairly easily and profitably but my experience is that unless you have a client base already you might find that you have cash tied up in a longer project than you wanted.

Forget ebay as an outlet. It has only bargain huinter and is great place to buy from but you wont get nearly what a part is worth. Braeker here in Aust charge 50% to 75% of a new parice and get it all day long but I have no such experience. Lucky to get near that and need to constantly advertise on this site and Roadfly for US customers but its long hard work.

I wouldnt do it again
    Theo
    Melbournes Club of Eights
    Pieces of Eight parts

THEO HOFFS
    MELBOURNE'S CLUB of EIGHTS/
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Adon hi,

depends on what you are after. If it's BMW parts then go to ASV at Villawood 9725 8666. They are the biggest BMW wreckers in Oz and if you learn to play the game you can get a deal on prices.

By the way, have you got yourself a car yet?

Theo
    Melbourne's Club of Eights/
    Pieces of Eight parts

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Thats why i asked: You know those stupid new p-plater laws? Well the man says i cant have an 8 till i have my license. So instead i plan on fitting out a van... should be fun! I want to use some BMW parts (those 7-series rear benchs are sure nice) and was just wondrin where to get some. But damnit i will get an 8 someday!

BTW, sorry about highjacking the topic...

• There is a real nice CSI up for grabs in Sydney at the mo. One of only three in OZ. Had a ride and felt like a school boy after his first (you know what). Only problem is the difference in price tags between mine and his.

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Yeah, the late 840's bring a lot more. When you do the sums the CSI is great value. It sold for $304,000 in 95 and its the 95 year against the 98 year that drops the csi to where it is.

Im hot to have it but right now Mummy says I need to be resonsible with our money. Dammit

Theo

THEO HOFFS
    PIECES of EIGHTS PARTS
    VICTORIA
    AUSTRALIA

• Mark,

Sorry to hear of your lose, I am sure your car has the sidemarker lights on the side, I would be very interested in those, if you are parting out.. Possibly some other parts as well..

• Thax for the interest shown, I wont find out about the insurance situation til 11 Nov will keep you all posted as to what I am doing in relation to selling the car for parts after then, cheers Mark :wink:

• Good luck with the insurance. If it does get written off then I'm sure there will be a fair demand for parts within the UK especially for RHD-specific stuff as they don't come up very often. It all depends on how much they ask to buy back the salvage.

The seats are the wrong colour for me, but if you have cruise I'd be interested in the bits for that.

Cheers
    Paul.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!