8'S SHOULD BE A CLASSIC AND EXPENSIVE! YOUR VIEWS!!

• :o I have driven two 840's within the past five years and the first got mashed up because i was pushing the car above its limits and lost control. Anyway i love them and wish to keep this one for a long time, but the devaluation of the car makes it impossible for me to justify my decision. I hate seeing the car been driven by people that just fancy the fact that its looks good but are not willing to look after them and when they are fed up with it the sell for cheap. I spend on anything thing that keeps the babe sweet :lol: But i think the car should be more pretigious than what it is now. Anyway this is my view from UK...

THE PARTS DON'T COME CHEAP.( BEHIND YOUR THOUGHTS)

WHAT ARE YOUR VIWES!!!

• I drive my 840 virtually every day all year. I will drive it until it eventually disentegrates around me but I will do what I can to make that period at least as long as the rest of my life.

I had no delusions of collector value when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. In fact if it had been a collector car I couldn't have afforded it.

So from my point of view if the street value fell to nothing tonight I would still enjoy driving it just as much tomorrow :D

These cars do not seem destined to hold a high value. BMW built them for too long of a span (89-01) and built quite a few too many of them.
    I'm not sure that BMW has built any other model for that long virtually unchanged appearance wise.

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Already a classic?

In my humble opinion the 8 Series is one of the all time great cars - I think it's a classic, esp the csi with only 1510 ever built!
    I'm still saving up to buy one so let's keep quiet about how fantastic they are before they creep ever so slowly over my price range..... :?

• The 8 is sensational to drive. It has a tuly great engine range and one has to respect all other 8 owners first for buying an eight in the first place wether its an 850i 850ci 850csi 840ci 4.0 litre or the fantastic value for money 840ci sport with th3 4.4 litre and steptronic gearbox.

who cares it is deppriciating. At least we all own one ?? whilst its cheap to buy

• GR888AT!!!

When ever i feel down or upset about anything I just look out of the window and see my eight parked in the drive way and know that everything is going to be OK

It may just be a car to others but to me............. well I am Micheal KNIGHT AND my eight is my KIT a mans best friend.

Hmmmmm??

Mine cost its first owner a staggering £72000.00 pounds when new. I paid £22500 after six years with full bmw history and its the individual spec with 65000 miles on the clock. Barely run in.

Do i care if it depreciates??? hell nooo I let the first owner worry about that . Would I have paid £72000?? If BMW announced they were going to rebuild a limited number of eights for loyal customers and fans my name would be the first on the order list.

• My full specced '99 840Ci Sport cost ME £67,000 when new! Id now be lucky to get £15,000 for it and its done about 40,000 miles, that means that for every mile i have driven it, it has depreciated over £1! Add to that insurance, services etc and ouch!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!