• I need brake pads,,, Big surprise !!!

I was recently looking around the Internet and found a brand that I hadn't heard of... Mintex, they are a little pricey, but I usually like that, because things that cost more are "usually" better... Anyone know of these, or have a better suggestion????

Thank-you in advance

Happy Motoring

DMP :twisted:

• You might want to search the archive on roadfly for additional confusion :D

I have done it a couple of times and come up with a different answer each time.

I just had the pads out of my fronts but couldn't find a name on them. Stop great with almost no dust but they have an an anti rattle pad glued on over the logo.

Next time I am down in the garage I will dig up the box from the aftermarket rear pads I put on. Then I will make a stay away from this brand recommendation :( Loud grinding Rotor eaters!

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• i just replaced my front disks and pads, i just went and bought originals from the main dealer, not that i let them fit them... but the old ones were brilliant after thousands of miles, and i can't fault them.

• I have to agree with RichardT, I like the OEM pads too. Bit pricey and they make tons of dust but they work great when it comes to stopping, also they are soft compound so much easier on your rotors.

Mintex, have not used them yet, but those are respected brand and have read nothing but good things about them, no dust, no noise, good performers, many 8 owner are very happy with them. I may try them next. SS brake lines are recommended for those.

• Rotex pads seem to be the popular choice for dustless pads. I have them on the rear but they don't do a Euro CSI fitment so I have EBC Redstuff on the fronts, they are fine, hell of a lot less dusty than stock.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!