EVIL!!!!!! Please read

• I never realised how good a machined polish can make paint look so good and new. When I went to my friends the other day in the hope of gettig this scratch removed he used the buffer and some stuff called G10.
    It took every little swirl mark and even though the scratch is still there the rest of the door looks brand new.

And it made wonder why I never once in a while had the car polished and buffed professionally. It also depends who does it and how they do it but I was amazed by the outcome.

Once the scratch is sorted out hes going to polish the rest of my car giving it spit and polish LOL so hopefully it will be ready to enjoy for the summer.

Still pissed off about the scratch though :evil:

Someone has to pay!!!! But who??? Oh yeah me £700 pounds for the job

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

• Bimmerman

I can simpathize with you. . . years ago I had an Audi quattro coupe and 2 DAYS after i had the car some S O B keyed it all down one side. . .front fender to rear fender, this was when i live in the UK. I used to live in a very nice and well-to-do area (so i thought!).

Unfortunately that seems to be the mentality in the UK. . . if you are successful or have a nice house or a nice car. . then there is this envious mentality that seems to be very predominant there. "If I can`t have it, then I will make sure i will wreck yours". Very sad state of affairs!

When i lived there my baby (850ci) was always in the drive off main streets or parked very visibly. . .but I never felt relaxed.

Now we live in Vancouver and the mentality is completely different. . . I actually have people stop me and ask me all about the car. . .they cannot believe it is 17 years old. . .they ask me why the wheel (steering) is on the `other side!. Many over here have never seen an 8 series! Even he local BMW dealer mechanics (some of the younger ones) came outside `cos they had never seen one before.

Shame how there are such morons on this planet. . . . i think the `Baseball bat` treatment should be used on these yobs.

Keep the shiny side up! :lol:

• Oh yes. . . to follow from my last thread

Just before I left the UK (for good!) i parked my beast in the car park at a volvo dealer as I was picking up some service parts for my wifes volvo. When i came out 10 minutes later some f....r had `side swiped` my 850 and disappeared! the whole of the passenger door was caved in to the point i could not open it anymore!

After going crazy the volvo dealership were very quick at accepting responsability as I later proved to them that one of their mechanics must have done the damage. . . .as they `declined` to let me see their CCTV tape when i threatened to call the cops for a `Hit & Run`. . . .they even loaned me a top of the range Volvo! You know what . . .even their top of the range Volvo is absolutely no match for the 850!!

Keep the shiny side up! :P

• Has happened to us all.

Mine got done by (i suspect) a neighbour. I kicked my own wall down I was so pissed and I think this worried the lad a bit (hes about 20).

One of my mates has a landrover with a lift and we actually saw my neighbours car parked on the street. He wanted to run it over and I recon he would but as I'm not certain ... didnt do a thing.

One note- I have heard of 2-way alarms where if someone TOUCHES your car your fob beeps. The problem is this will probably encourage them

The best defence if find is to care about it as little as possible. you all know that as soon as everything is right and youre happy with the car 100% something will break or you'll get crashed into. Same with this, if you worry about it its bound to happen!

Still one good thing has happened - your going to end up with mint paintwork at the end of the day. Find the sliver lining!

You can see the scratch on this pic.

Hm I miss that little golf too. Might buy one lets see whats on the trader...

PS: Anyone know a good place to find classic wrecks? I'm after a Mg MGA roadster to rebuild from shell

• Zitat von Shurrager

Say man, what are you trying to do to us? This is a baaaad omen. I'm going to keep my 850 in the garage for at least 3 months (until this blows over). Back in the 70's I parked my 2800cs (new paint) At the very back of a resturant parking lot ,so it would be safe. Some dumb ass parked his Mercury right next to me, swung his door open and put a nice 3 inch ding in the passanger side door. I was luckier than you ...... his car was still there when I left the resturant ( fresh Fijord blue metallic paint still stuck to the edge of his door). I promptly ( in RAGE!) proceeded to cave his driver door in with two or three powerful kicks. It's too bad you were't able to get your revenge on the dolt that ruined your day.

Worst part of London? Brixton?

• Mis my eight

I LOVE MY EIGHT BUT I ALSO HATE IT TOO BECAUSE IT REALLY DOES DRAW TOO MUCH ATTENTION

I havent driven her since JAN 2007. Ive been saving up and hopefully its going to have a full body respray since it was scratched new alloys new upgraded brakes and brand new suspension front and back.

Cant wait for next summer I will be travelling through Europe on route or destination to CYPRUS and back

• I know how you feel, I parked the E21 Alpina in a busy street in the city in the middle of the day and some crank wrote "FACIST" in two foor high capitals down the entire left hand side of it, paint, original deco set, the lot.
    Writing that on a German car probably indicates the intellect involved, my guess is they were not a history student.

Not as bad, but in the last two months I have received two bad door "dings" in the LR guard and the first day I fitted a new set of personalised number plates somebody backed into the front of it in a park and bent the plate like a banana... pushed it in about 2"......

Catching them does no good, nobody that has so little respect for things like an 8 has nothing, including money or brains.

It is easier to get foregivness than permission!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!