• They do look good actually

OK ill have a try. Have you got any info of a suitable supplier for the 8's sidelights?

Its just every time I see a chav-mobile it always posesses LED lights! I dont want to be associated with that.

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• If my white multi LED sidelights (when I've finished getting them to physically fit and work properly) look like chav gear I'll crawl into a corner and sulk :(
    That's why I'm going to so much trouble (as always) to install units that look like they're OEM.

• The kit is really good. Thanks Alex. Just finished fitting using the plug and play harness, a little head scratching as to ballast location on the RH side as the chosen spot under the lamp cradle is occupied by part of the airbox. Using the PnP works out quite well if you run HID cables out through the grommet in the underside of the lamp unit with the original harness. Took about 4 hrs.

All in all a good buy, well pleased!

Of course the car now gas a two-tone smile......

Mark :D

• Thats strange :shock: if you have no error message on your 99, mine is also a 99 why would I be getting the error message :? maybe becuase I did not use the plug and play option :?

Fingers crossed the garage will be able to sort out the error message or else I will be going down the plug and play route :roll:

Has anyone else experienced the error message or has everyone used the plug and play option?

Thanks

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Wayne,

I can only assume that the relay in the replacement harness has a different resistance to those in the loom. I imagine PnP will resolve your issue, not to mention tidy things up a bit. Best of luck mate!
    I will try and take some pics of my installation this w/end.

Mark :wink:

• Done it!
    I've got my front side light LED clusters to fit/work.
    They give a non-yellow, non-"blue chav", bright white light which looks spot-on, and because they still use the silvered reflector they look absolutely OEM and not like an add-on pin-prick LEDS.
    Will eventually post pics, but very busy just now (did the lights as a bit of light relief - not even thought about fitting the HID kit yet).

• HI UkZero

Any chance you can tell me where you got the LED's from?

I'm going to spray my FTPS with top coat (again) this week. The damn things are hard to get both clear, and durable!

Would be good to do both at the same time.

Nathan

Lets burn rubber!

91 BMW 850 (Heavily Modified)
    86 Ford F150 monster truck (44 inch tyres)

• No problem.
    The "bulbs" are from http://www.ultraleds.co.uk
    Go for the white cluster with the dual contacts, but be warned.
    They won't fit without modification (bulbs, not car).
    You need to carefully grind off the bottom row of leds nearest the base to get clearance and then even more carefully solder in a set of resistors to re-complete the circuit - not rocket science, but quite fiddly.
    Then there's the issue of the black metal "fins" in the light units, more hassle, but...

Speaks for itself I think.

(PS The marks aren't stone chips - I just need to clean the old girl - in fact the car has stayed, amazingly, chip and blemmish free).

• LED for side lights

Hi Ukzero,

Very nice job on the side lights. The LED's you got were :

U114225? (1142) 15mm Bayonet 25 White Led Spot Light Volt Reg x5 £41.13
    or
    U114225CW (1142) 15mm Bayonet 25 White Led Spot Light Volt Reg £9.40
    or
    U114225WW (1142) 15mm Bayonet 25 Warm White Led Spot Light V Reg £9.40
    or
    any other LED ?

Do you know why the first type is so much more expensive and what the difference between cw and ww is ?

Thanks for the reply.

Best regards
    Michel Nydegger

• I used U38020W Ultraleds Light Tower 380 1157 S & T WA White Leds
    (Will need modifying to fit - see earlier post).

The £41 is because it is for 5 units.

WW is warm white/CW cold white.

• Yes Wayne they would work and might need less modification, but all the LED's face forward. The reason my installation looks right is because the LED's face forward AND sideways to make use of the sidelight reflector housing. That is what gives the uniform and "original" look to the light output.
    However - I'm no expert, so you might want to try these and see.

• I was just looking at that, the ones you picked looks the biz and 70 led's :shock: wow, these will look amazing with the HID kit, I am going to order some, what resistors did you use? I take it you replace the resistors where the old led's were?

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!