• The same upholstery code, but looking at your gallery Wayne, completely different upholstery.
    Z1XX must simply mean special order or something like that?

Anyway - like the idea of a nice three spoke multi-function wheel.
    That'll now be on my modifications list...... :wink:

• Zitat von ukzero

The same upholstery code, but looking at your gallery Wayne, completely different upholstery.
    Z1XX must simply mean special order or something like that?

Anyway - like the idea of a nice three spoke multi-function wheel.
    That'll now be on my modifications list...... :wink:

Glad to see you're still not planning on parting company zero :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• No, I'll keep the car for a while yet Steve - when I looked about to see what I could buy for the same money (that I'd actually be interested in owning) the choice was pretty much, well, Zero :wink:

• Martin,

Nice work on the interface! I see you have used 4 relays to operate the cruise control as the original lever switch (up, down, in , out). I presume the PIC controller translates the steering-wheel commands to operate the relays?

Also, what about the control buttons for the audio? Did you do anythig for that.

In fact, do you sell your interfaces?

• Best 8

That is the neatest best looking clean cut customised 8 series I have ever seen and everyone on this site knows that!!! I take my hat off to whom ever put work into that 8.

Its a very special 8 and esspecially being an Alpina you cant get better than that.

Its a MASTER Piece and anyone chatting out of their bottoms saying its OTT should have another look at their 8 before comparing and commenting on the car shown. There is nothing OTT about that car. Its called Craftsmanship and every thing has been done attention to detail. It just goes to show what you can achieve with money.

We all wish we were the proud owner of that 8 and all I can say is I am Jealous without a doubt.

What a lucky owner.

• I don't think anyone here is "chatting out of their bottoms saying its OTT" as you put it.

Look at it, this car is just about as presonalized as can be, and lets face it, we've all got different taste.
    So you'd expect people to not like i.e colours.
    some of the technical solutions may not be the most practical i.e the A/C controls.

There is not a doubt in my mind the this guy has put some serious time and money into this car to get it the way he wants it.... HE wants it.
    The craftmanship is as you put it perfect, no question about that.

My biggest objection to this car is that he F...ed up an Alpina, this is a limited number car, only 155 ever made, 97 of the 5,0 litre and 57 of the 5,7 litre.
    This is a collectors car, not a custom object.
    Do it to any other 8 and I would'nt care, but this was an Alpina.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• alpina

Well what can I say just goes to show if youre loaded youre loaded.

Obviously this guy has got spare cash to burn.

At the end of the day as much as I love my 8 its a car.
    Made from Plastics and metals. Regardless of what it is.

Someone commented about the the engine bay being a dissapointment.

Im pretty sure whom ever the car belongs to will or would have taken care of that too.

So what if its an Alpina?? Its nice to be different and this car is in every way different.

If you have the $$$$ theres nothing stopping anyone from customising there eight whether you put a brand new M6 engine in it or the latest mods.

Either way in 50 years time any eight will still be worth money.

As far as Im concerned and obviously as the honourable genteleman above said its down to taste and this car has carisma all the way.

Brilliant is all I can say and if he or she sorts the engine bay out it is without a doubt a show winner.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!