got ripped off by a club member !!!

• Getting ripped off when buying something on e-Bay can happend to anybody but it is unaccepable coming from a Clube31 member.

Unfortunately that's what happend to me. I bought 2 CSI door mirrors from "csipower" (Carlos from the Netherland, member of this club since August 2006). I payed through Paypal 350.- Euros.

Carlos sent me an e-Mail April 3rd saying that he had shipped the goods the day before. Guess what ? I never received anything, tried to ask him for the tracking number. No reply.

Any idea how to proceed ?

• Paypal do provide some basic protection. You will need to file a COMPLAINT action against the seller for goods not received. Usually the seller cannot withdraw the money from the account for a few weeks and Paypal can, in the first instance, block the payment until you receive the goods. (I had to do this a few months ago with a French seller and it worked even after having waited for 4 weeks for the item to arrive.)

But if you are successful in blocking the payment, do not close the action until you have received the goods and they are as you expect.

If, after the COMPLAINT, you have no response from the seller, you can then escalate the action to a CLAIM, but Paypal usually sugest giving some time for the seller to reply.

A bit late in hindsight, but its alwys a good idea to ask for the seller's address and phone number and try to call the seller to verify the number before sending the payment. That way you can harass him if he does not deliver.

Hope it works out for you.

• I totally understand you're fury, but posting the persons name in the first post may have been a little hasty.

Personally I would have said that a member here had apparently ripped you off and threatened by making his nick official if he didn't clear up the mess.
    Remember, there is always two sides to every story, and maybe the person has a legit reason for why you haven't received the items.

Now this member is exposed as a fraud, and it might not even be the case.

Just a thought....

Hope it works out for the best.... for the both of you.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• ripped off

Ok Noggie,

I understand what you mean. But keep in mind that this person had no problem answering my e-Mails within an hour when I was asking questions and organizing the transaction (before I sent the money).

Two weeks later, not only that I havn't received the parts I payd for but it looks like the same guy is unable to read my e-Mails : PM on Clube31, direct mail or mail sent by Paypal. Don't you think it is strange.

Secondly, I have nothing to hide and I am ready to talk about this matter with him on this site if he would answer my mails.

And last but never least, I posted this on Clube31 so that nobody else from the club gets ripped off like me.

• Its very difficult to recover money through paypal at the best of times, never mind when its not on an ebay transaction, and it becomes almost impossible if they have withdrawn the money already.... as i am finding out as we speak due to the HID supplier leaving me in the $hit.

• Michel.

I don't dissagree with what you've done. And I understand perfectly well why you've done it.

I just thought it might be a good idea to keep him anonomus in the first post, the thret of being exposed in here mignt have been enough to make the person sort things out.
    I would have posted souch a thret and waited a few days before I publiced his name.

But like I said, I totally understand why you did it, and I don't know all the details.
    It's weird when someone suddenly dissapear of the face of the earth like you've experienced.....

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• ripped off

Dear All
    I would like to tell you that I WAS RIPPED OFF TOO from Mr. Carlos
    csipower ???
    Since 10 days I have sent him 400 Euro by Western Union to buy 2 side lights + 2 complete front lights , till now he vanished , not knowing anything about the shipment , although it was on my DHL account .
    Anyway , I trusted it this Mr. Carlos cause he is a club member ? I don't know what to say , maybe he needed the money ? No problem he should have asked for it , cause we are all good member I think ?
    If Mr. Carlos is reading this message , I would like to tell him the following:(You are messing with the wrong people , I will get you no problem.)
    Regards to all good members
    JimmyA

• So thats 750Euros to date :shock:

Sorry to hear that guys but even club members can be dodgy, he may well have joined up simply to make himself known before he went in for the kill?

As a side note, guys, you should never use Western Union to send money to someone you are not 100% comfortable with.

• I'm very sorry to hear people got ripped off by a Dutch member. I must say, I don't know who he is and I don't think any of us Dutch members have ever met him. We've contacted him through this forum and asked him if he would consider being a member of the Dutch club. We haven't heard from him again (a pattern :shock: ).
    I really hope it all works out for you!

Peter

• 11 days seems to be a bit quick to think your getting scammed, how do you know he hasn't gone away on holiday ? What's he's ebay rating like ?

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Firstly I agree that perhaps it was a bit hasty to name someone in here before it is absolutely 100% that a scam has occured. But I do understand how frustrating it can be when people seem to disappear when you have paid out money. I have lost time and money chasing people thru Ebay, but feel wise enough now to spot when I'm being led up the garden path..... Btw, PayPal needs at least a month to refund your payment, since you need to file a 'Goods not received' complaint and get the other party involved. If they dont respond then you will get a refund from the PayPal account you sent the money to. Easy, but lengthy.

However, csipower has NOT disappeared, in fact anything but, as clicking on his profile reveals this.....

All about csipower

Last visit time: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:02 am
    Total posts: 46
    [0.22% of total / 0.19 posts per day]
    Find all posts by csipower

So you can see that Carlos is upto date on what has happened.....

It is also hard to believe that someone would spend 8 months or so 'grooming' a site to scam the grand total of 750Euros :shock: Stick a couple of zeros on the end and I'd be more convinced.

My guess is that he has been on holiday, or that there is an emergency elsewhere that has caused his silence. I would be very very surprised if this matter does not have a happy ending.

• I understand your reasoning Tony, but IF the guy has time yesterday to log on this site , you'd expect he would also be reading his Emails. :?:

I have used the clubs "private message" link many times before only to find out later my messages were not getting through to different members, :shock: so could be the same in this case :!:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• RIPPED OFF

I don't think this is our man , but the same name used for the money transfer I did .
    Anyway lets hope that Mr. Carlos is a good guy , with a big reason for him to vanish .
    Regards
    JimmyA

• scam

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your valuable comments and for the interest and support you are showing.

Peter 1980, thanks for your reply, I was going to contact you to ask if you knew this guy. I count on you to let me know if you get any additional info

TallTony, good idea to check his last visit on the clube31 site. At least I know he hasn't disappeard.

Stevep840, I will leave a post for Carlos to make sure next time he logs on, he checkes this message.( I have already PM him though)

Best regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!