I Am leaving the fold

• Hi Guys

Sorry to say that this will be one of my last posts, as i have left the fold and sold my beloved 840, she has gone to great new owner, who is as passionate as a was for her. He says he will be joining the club and is named Tony from Essex. I would just like to say as this was the first car club i ever felt inclined to join that my experience of you guys can only be described as brilliant, a shining light of straight forward people with a common love, i am eternally grateful to all of you past and present for the help and advice i have received i hope that should i join another club that they are at least comparable to this one.

Cheers one and all

Alan

MAY THE 8 BE WITH YOU always

• Don't forget to stop by once in a while to say hello. :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• Hi Once again,

Sorry for not replying sooner guys, but have been in London for a wedding. I will call by on occasion just to make sure you lot don't get lonely and as far as what have i bought, well ive gone over to the other side, Audi, in fact a lovely shiny bright red TT 225, always wanted a sports car, so thought i would not look quite as bad in one at 44 than i would if i left it till i was nearly 50 LOL so 4.4 litres down to 1.8, bit of drop but i do like the nippyness of a smaller car, still you never know i might be back with a Mint 850 CSI , one day..................

Alan

• A bit like shedding the bit overweight 44 wife for a much lighter 18 year old mistress? :D

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

• actually i have done the younger wife bit in the past, quite franky its not worth the aggro, she was 21 i was 30, i say 21, but i think she was at least 16, if you know what i mean...........

lol lol

• If i had it i would, but the last time i heard from her she was with ex soldier 2 years younger than her Mum.................!!. my knick name foe her was "Raleigh".....if you know what i mean......god knows why i married her, but i suppose flattery had summit to do with it lol lol lol

• Hi..id like to present myself..im Tony..the new owner of a beloved 8 ..ive posted this here, as the original owner is AJKD who has really looked after her so well..i can honestly say shes the best ive seen..present company excluded;)
    All the best Alan..have fun with the TT :D

• you know what they say about hair dressers, style, chic, etc, but the best bit "always surrounded by lovely women", hey if that the hairdressers life, bring it on ! lol lol

• I'm afraid I too am no longer an E31 owner, after almost 6 years!

I'm sure I'll get bitten by the bug again at some point, probably when I stumble across a perfect B12 5.7 Coupe...

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

• Well, nothing really, Lloyd. Technically, I suppose the MINI that I've got on order has succeeded it, but not replaced it.

I also have a BMW-Alpina B5 Touring, but that was more a replacement for the BMW-Alpina B8 4.6 Touring I had beforehand.

With 2 small kids and living in London, I just found I was never actually going to be able to use the 8er much. A great shame, because it was the car of ours to which my wife and I have been most attached over the years, and it was in pretty much mint condition, too.

"Rommel" - 1999 BMW 840Ci(A) Sport Individual - Alpina wheels, Alcon brakes, ACS/Dinan suspension
    "The Beast" - 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007 - Malachite Green

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!