AC Schnitzer Rear Spoiler?

• Our 840 ci Sport has the AC Schnitzer rear spoiler fitted and we think it spoils the "Pure" look of the car.... We intend removing it but before we do we are interested in feedback on possible negative effects on the performance of the car.

Given we have a 100 kph open road speed limit is there much point in having it?

If not it will come off and be sold to somebody what can travel faster!

• I did 260kph with my 850 without the rear wing. And the rear end was not the problem, the front end however....
    But you have the CSI front and I don't and from what I know the CSI front end deals with the issue I had at high speeds.

So if you don't like it, take it off.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks for the welcome and replies.... I think it will come off. I have seen 245 kph in the B10 that has no rear spoiler without any drama and like the smooth lines of the 8, the more photo's we look at of cars with and without we think without is more to our taste.

The colour is quite rare, (Atlantis) the register tells me there were 35 cars painted this colour.

BMW count is currently 6, 2 x 318ti's, (one Motorsport and one standard), the E21 Alpina, E34 B10 Alpina, (rough in the photo, waiting for a new spoiler) the E9 3.0 csi and the 840. Too many really, we will probably loose three this year but the B10 and the 840 stay!

It is easier to get foregivness than permission!

• [quote="Noggie"]I did 260kph with my 850 without the rear wing. And the rear end was not the problem, the front end however....
    But you have the CSI front and I don't and from what I know the CSI front end deals with the issue I had at high speeds.

Noggie, im not so sure the csi front end is gonna solve your high speed problems. I've also had mine up to those speeds on several occasions and its been rock solid, in fact the faster the more settled it becomes. I've got a brand new csi lower spoiler sitting in the garage but no defuser for the rear, apparently at those kind of speeds the car needs both, just thought i'd mention that.
    Les

• Hallworth1

The problem I experienced was that the front end " lifted", and the steering got a bit nervous, I've heard that the original front end has downforce problems at those speeds, and that the CSI front end will fix alot of this.
    I also plan to fit the rear defuser, and the side mirrors was so noisy that they have to go too.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Hello...When you do remove the spoiler I'd like to purchase it if you are willing to ship to the States. This is the only spoiler I would consider adding to my 840. I can be reached anytime via the email in my profile and am premier PayPal verified. TIA

• Zitat von rcrad6653

Hello...When you do remove the spoiler I'd like to purchase it if you are willing to ship to the States. This is the only spoiler I would consider adding to my 840. I can be reached anytime via the email in my profile and am premier PayPal verified. TIA

Thanks Randy,

Will take it off in the next few weeks and look at the car with and without, then make the final decision. No problem shipping to the US. I will let you know the outcome.

Regards

Alan

• Spoiler...

Yes, I have made up my mind and just got the car back from paint after having the holes in the trunk lid filled and painted.

No problem in selling the spoiler. I suggest you contact me PM as I will be in the US in January and may work something out to get it to you.

Alan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!