West Lakes Drive

• Dropped my lad off at his Auntie's on Saturday, who lives in Ulverston Cumbria, and then thought "OK what next?". Hmm, I know I'll test all the recent mods out a 100 mile blast up the west coast of The Lake District.

New suspension, steering, and tyres (and LSD!) have all added up to a phenomenal change in character of the car. I rarely get to drive fast on my own, especially on such wide open twisty and empty A roads, along with awesome scenery, but this drive is up there with the best I've done in the UK, and the best ever in my 8 so far.

Anyone who has followed my recent additions can be assured that the difference is not only noticeable, but I now would never consider going back to stock. This car feels fast now, both in astraight line and on aggressive cornering. Thumbs up !

Ending up at Wast Water, I realised I didnt have my camera, so phone snaps are all I have. Doesnt do the place justice obviously, but here you go....

and what would appear to be the UK's only active volcano...... :lol::lol:

• Very nice Tony, looks a nice route to go for a blast. October's EVO magazine has them driving an Aston around in Scotland - in particular across the Highlands through Glencoe. That's one road I've had earmarked for a long time now, I've spent a bit of time in Scotland and that road is one of my favourites. Top Gear did the "find the best driving road" story a couple of weeks back and the final result was Davos to Stelvio - fantastic road only there's two problems with that one at the moment 1) some of it is in Switzerland which Clarkson himself described as the country that hates the car (speed cameras all over the place!) and 2) winter is coming fast to Switzerland and I think that the Stelvio Pass might already be closed (snow line is down to 1,200 metres in some places now and falling).

That's the penalty for living here I suppose :)

• Our favourite place

TT, me and Mrs SG spend as much time up there as we can (sister in St Annes). During the recent 1125 mile GT of the UK, we spent 3 nights at Lodore Falls. We both love Keswick. Why don't we organise a NW meet up there, obviously with a stop-over?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!