Rear Fog Light Failure OBC Bong ?

• Had an annoying couple of OBC Bongs recently, for both Rear Fog Lights, and Number Plate Lights. (add Low Washer Fluid Level and you have a nice tune coming from the MID every time you start the car :shock: )

Well this was the culprit..... Broken wires in the flexible wire loom next to boot hinge :roll: :!:

Connect up the wires, OBC Bong errors gone !!

Obvious really that the wires break in this loom as it is constantly being flexed when you open/close the boot.

• Zitat von TallTony

hi Jason,

mine's a 97 too. Two broken wires and 2 more that looked like they were about to go, so I fixed them all whilst I was in there.

PS, I havent forgotten about your MID, just been tinkering with the console a bit recently. Feb 08 is the month I fit this damn thing !!!

Cheers TT - I thought your car was a '97 too, probably not too long before gremlins start creeping out with my car I guess.
    No hurry on the MID, hang on to it as long as you need.

Jason

• I get the warning for number plate lights very occasionally, usually when the boot lid has just been open. So it seems my wires are on the way out too. Will take a look when I get the time.

• OBC bong for lights - are lights working?

Hey!

I also have problems with bong for my license plate lights. But mine are working. Did yours also work even though your wires were cut?

Best Regards
    Hannes Lindbeck

• Hannesl mine also did it the other day and I noticed when I put the car in reverse to check the bulbs the number plate lights were getting just enough current to little the bulbs a little and then I got a rear fog light bong!!. I guess my wires are on the way out / broken. Tony your thoughts

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Sounds very similar to my problem, recently when I put the car into reverse I got rear fog light failure. I suspected a bad earth, checked the wiring and it turns out the earth wire on the right side in the flexible conduit was broken. Soldered in a new piece of wire and the problem is gone :)

• Thanks!

That's also exactly my problem. I'll get a hold of my soldering buddy and have him fix it for me!

Thanks for the tip!

Now the Front Fog lights have started to acting up also, I guess there could be a similar problem...

/Hannes

• Zitat von TallTony

sounds like this is just one of those clusters of issues that arise after a decade or so, with so many cars having similar issues at the same time - like the ABS ASC lights issue (only easier to cure !)

Glad you have got it sorted.

Hmm, I see that you've added a new sign-off TT - still on the Star Wars theme though (Princess Leia quote)

I'll be packing and sending the Light Sabre in the next day or so - just back from holidays

Cheers,
    Jason :-J

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!