The new addition to my family

• New addition to my family

Congrats.
    Smart plan TT; crisp looking motor too, judging by the seats etc, it couldn’t have done many mile or much heavy work at all.

• Tony, I like your thinking. It was only the other day that my wife made the silly suggestion of selling my 8 and her 4 year old car and getting a new motor. Naturally I said no bloody way! I did say yes buy a new car but I am not selling mine and that that.
    She is considering all manor of Chelsea Tractors although her current car is 4 years old and owned from new with only 24K on the clock which hardly suggests the need for change. I think she / we will go for a nearly new car even a high miliage and let her low mileage tendancys even it out. So expect a picture of another tractor soon :shock:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• and to think I could have bought a SC and Big Brake kit and had them fitted for what I paid for this...... :cry::lol:

That said, I still wouldn't have been able to go to Tesco/Asda/Mothercare* in it if I had (*read as 'dragged to') :lol:

From what I can gather this X3 has every extra on board except the metal running boards down the the side..... I'm feeling the need to start modding already....

Chelsea Tractor or not, I like it, and I wont take any offence from people who don't. I'd have bought an X5 for her but she insisted it was too big, Range Rovers too expensive in the guise I would have (and too big again), and Land Rovers too small (Freelander) or too farmer-ish (Discovery). Didn't even consider Japanese/Korean contenders.

Now she had pointed out the Cayennes..... but I'm gonna need to sell a few more bits n pieces before that materialises :lol:

• Sounds like im quite lucky then!. Like me, my other half hates "Chelsea tractors", she's even agreed to a GTR, bloody long wait tho :cry: , waiting for the V spec version.
    Hope your family enjoy it Tony, but for me?...cant stick 'em

• or mine :lol:

I think everyone is missing the point here..... It's for my WIFE !!!!!

Not my car, not my second car...... it's for my WIFE !!!!

I consider myself the lucky one having someone who is not in the least bit bothered that I drive round in a 2 door Coupe, despite having two kids under age of 4.

If she'd wanted a saloon or estate or MPV I'd have bought her that instead. However the X3 is HER dream car, as the 840 is mine. We're sorted.

:D

• We know its for your wife Tony, I was only pulling your leg about the plate as I saw it on ebay earlier and thought it would spark some debate etc. if only from Les :lol::lol::lol:

For me its a case of what ever the wife wants she can have (car wise)as long as I can have my 8.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Gongrats with the new car.
    For me these "stock marked tractors" as we call the over here really does not appeal to me.
    The X5 is growing on me, so you never know..... but sadly they come standard with automatoc gearboxes, and I cant have two cars with auto boxes.

Fortunately I'm a single guy with to much spare time, hence the two 2-door coupès (the 8 and the 325ci)
    Might get a new car sometime this year but I guess it will be an e46 M3 or an E39 M5.
    The 8 is not going anywhere, no woman or anythin g will ever make me get rid of that car.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Opinion split clearly chaps. I read and ignored them all - in true 4x4 owners' style :lol:

I've driven it a few times now and it's actually pretty good, which surprised me. Comfy (compared to my 8 ), spacious, packed with toys, solid, actually quite fast in it's 3.0 V6 petrol guise, and goes round bends pretty well. Like 99% of other SUV owners I'll never take it on anything trickier than a dry grass field so couldn't give a monkey's if it isn't any good off road :lol:....... and I'm doing my bit, owning a 4.4 V8 as well, to make sure it doesn't snow that much in future as well so again, not an issue !

Most importantly, it's got at least 6 airbags in (keep finding more), so any bumps should be like crashing a bouncy castle, an experience my family are more likely to survive than in previous car :D

Got original invoice from BMW...... Bought in Aug 04, for a stupid price of £37500, £5500 of which was spent on extras...... so therefore losing a staggering £24500 in 3 and half years ! The previous lady owner has been bought a Bentley by her husband, so you can imagine that they are not that bothered !

• How easy do you think it would be to change the colour of the seats? I am getting bored with the 'salesmans shoes' grey and wondered if it might be possible, to at least change the bolster or the panel in the middle. Do dyes last any length of time or do they just crack and wear off?

Hope all OK

Steve

• Sorry Steve, missed this reply. About your seats, if you can find a leather restorer they can do something with your seats. If the leather isnt cracked then I would think the process would be ok, but if like mine the leather was officially 'shot at' you will need replacement panels (which I have had fitted). I should be getting my seats back this week hopefully so will post pics as and when.

Back on topic though....

I watered, and talked to, my wifes new car and look.... it grew into this :shock::shock::lol::lol:

and look, just look, at the handles.... now that gives me a nice idea :shock::lol:

'tis actually a courtesy car whilst BMW respray the side of the X3, after some (other) dizzy blonde opened her door onto it in a car park during the recent gales up north. Fortunately my wife was sat in hers at the time so we are claiming on the girls insurance for a full NS respray.....

(shh, don't tell anyone, but there were a couple of minor dings on there already prior to this rather 'unfortunate' incident :wink::D )

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!