Any of the V12 supercharger projects complete?

• Haha, but why took it out, it doesn't bring anything positive(only racekat's)

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• I had one side implode and block the exhaust completely therefore increasing the crankcase pressure which blew the upper oil pan gasket!!

All this happened at about 80-90mph. I got alot of smoke as it dumped a couple of litres of oil!!!

• Zitat von DickB

Haha, but why took it out, it doesn't bring anything positive(only racekat's)

Anything that reduces exhaust back pressure will improve engine breathing and enhance performance as long as the fuel mixture is compensated for.

8Tech.

• Zitat von DickB

First we see if the stock ones will give enough or not.
    He thinks bij 450 it shouldn't be a problem.

He is correct here DickB. The stock injectors will be fine at 450 but may struggle at 500 at 3 bar fuel pressure.

8Tech.

• Zitat von 8Tech

He is correct here DickB. The stock injectors will be fine at 450 but may struggle at 500 at 3 bar fuel pressure.

8Tech.

DickB / 8Tech - You may want to speak with some other tuners regarding the claims made above.

My experience - - which includes 3+ years of air/fuel ratio data logs on my '92 850i Twin Turbo - - is that the stock injectors (at stock fuel rail pressures) are only good to about 3-4 lbs of boost before you start running lean near peak TQ.

Also, depending on which stock injectors you have (Lucas or Bosch), I would caution against using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Best of luck with your project. I look forward to reading more updates as things move forward.

Rgds...

• Thanks guy's for your feedback(and all the help/info would be appriciated).

At this point we have only discussed what I really want to have, he is the expert on this matter, so I tell what I've heard.

Our first problem was to make room for these big chargers, that we have succeed in a week work now.
    We have dissided that we will cool the motoroil with a extra cooler+the origional cooler from the gearbox(so this has been split), the cooler has been placed, we will cool the gearbox with a new cooler(the only thing we are not sure of is that we must reguleted it with a fan or otherwise(the same as the motoroilcooler).
    We also will cool the diff, because at this moment I have a 3,91S diff and I don't know if it's not to much with the chargers.

We have make room by removing the aircollectingboxes behind the bumpers, so the intercooler+washerpot and at the otherside the two extra coolers could be placed.
    The radiator of the intercooler fits before the other radiators.

At this point we are at this moment.

Dick

• fuel injectors

Hi John in DC,

I read your comments on this topic. Could you please tell me what you ment when you said :

"depending on which stock injectors you have (Lucas or Bosch), I would caution against using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator".

What is the drawback when using rising rate fuel pressure regulator ?

Regards

Michael

• Re: fuel injectors

Injectors can fail when fuel pressure is too high. You'll have to test them on an injector flow bench to be sure. Much better to reprogram the ECU's for larger injectors and leave fuel rail pressure as-stock.

Rgds...

• good luck with your s/c install - are they twin screw compressors?
    something to consider--- what are you doing with the output air when the throttle is closed? -recirculating the air or dumping to atmosphere?
    if recirculation then the temp will rise very rapidly and the ecu will have to richen for throttle opening for a short period.
    A tip; twinscrew s/c are very sensitive to the intake ducts.both diameters and lengths it can make 100bhp difference with everything the same ,do not allow a vacuum to exist they get less efficient and work against themselves.

• Thanks for your advice, I've send it to my tuner(but I'll think he already knows).

Yes, that are the s/c, we have discussed blowoff-valves.

Dick

• Hello John,

Do you know the spec's for larger injectors?

Dick

• Zitat von DickB

Hello John,

Do you know the spec's for larger injectors?

While injector specs can easily be found online, this is not the challenge. The challenge is tuning the engine to accommodate whatever injectors you choose.

Hope this helps...

• Hello Guys,

Nothing is ready yet, but we are getting there, last photo yesterday evening:

Next week it should be running for the first time. :roll:

Dick

• :D My toughts also! :lol:

Dick

• Looks great, Dick.
    Sadly though a bit too obvios for my liking.

Since my setup will be illegal I my country (has to be a TUV or equivalent approved for the e31).
    I cant have two screws in plain view when you open the bonnet.

If I get pulled ofer for a technical check and they saw those..... I'd be in deep shit.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!