• Went to a car show today [Race Retro] and spoke to a guy from Heritage Motor Insurance. Gave me a quote of £250.00 max 5000 miles for the 840 fully comp. Must be garaged at night.

Might be worth giving them a buzz or going on their website

• I have now placed my insurance with them and they confirmed that if the car is valued at less than £10k then it doesnt need to be garaged. You must however have access to another vehicle a the 'daily driver' but I guess they dont follow you endlessly!
    Paid £221.00 max 5k miles. Agreed value £10k.

Just hurts when all others seem to want in excess of £400.00

• I thought I would just bring this up in case it helped anyone, having bought my 8, I was looking at insurance and have gone with Hagerty Insurance for £507.00 for 5000 miles/annum, kept in driveway overnight, use as a second car only, for myself (30yrs) and my wife (26yrs). You can still keep your NCD on your daily driver. All other quotes were almost twice as much. If I parked it in the garage it would have been around the £280.00 mark. In addition they were very helpful on the phone and have a few other 8's on their books. :top:

• My excess is £300.00, sounds as though I am paying more than most, but my wife is 26 years old so that may be why it is higher, she would not have let me bought the car if I had not promised to insure her!

• No Deep...I do not think your excess is high..in fact probably relatively low.

I have been paying around £500 excess since I bought the car some 5 years ago and I am 64 with full protected NCB.

I am currently with Auto Direct with a monthly premium of £17.29 which includes full breakdown cover.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!