AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'LL KILL THAT CAT!!!!!

• Oh the fury......

Yesterday when I left my house to go to work I noticed paw prints from a cat on my 8. Paid little attention to it as I was going for a long drive to work in a different city.

Today outside the hotell I noticed that the beast has used the roof of my 8 as a scratchpad!!!!!!!
    The whole roof is full of scratches from the pests claws.....

No way this can be polished away... need to repaint my roof.

If I see a cat on my car outside my house I'll ring it's neck.... damn pests.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Now that the initial rage has settled I must admit that I wouldn't kill the cat.
    However if I'd seen the cat I'd track down the owner and presented a bill for a respray.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I'm alergic to furry animals, so I can't have a dog.
    Will try and keep the cats away from my cars in some maner in the future.

We are not talking 3-4 scratches here, we're talking 50-70 scratches....
    wonder what was going through it's head.
    Some of them may be polished away, but they are very deep, will take it to a detailer and see what they can do with it.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of it, tried with my phone yesterday, but that did'nt work, will try with my cannon SLR today.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I can understand the allergy problem, myself I only allergic to two things - work and shortage of money ;)

Citronella does actually work but I don't think you'd want to perfume the car with it.

Hopefully a detailer will be able to sort it out for you
    Cheers,
    Jason

• well... in a way yes... but in reality no.
    Yes because I have the car fully covered, but I have to pay a certain amount myself, it's limited to about 1000usd.
    If I total the car, I pay 1000usd and get the value of the car back.

In this case the repair wont be much more than that so there is no point in it.
    Also by using the insurance I loose points.
    The Norwegian car insurance system is buildt like this (in short).
    When you insure your first car you get "20% bonus" this means that you get a 20% discunt on the list insurance price.
    Every year you drive without a claim you get an extra 10% (the max is 70%).
    If you then make a claim you loose 30% (and pay the 1000$)

Say this damage cost 2000$ to fix. if I used my insurance I would pay 1000$, and loose 30%, which ment that my anual insurance price goes up, and it wil take me 3 years to get back to where I am today = way more expencive

So the bottom line is, if the car is not seroiusly damaged, there is no point in using the insurance.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• I know what you mean Noggie. Whilst my car was parked up in my workshop for the PC install (about 3 weeks) I had a mouse attempt to scurry up the bonnet in my absence. The bonnet was freshly waxed and you could see where the little blighter had tried in vain to make headway up and over the headlamp cover and onto the main bonnet..... before finally losing grip and sliding all the way down and falling off at the nose cone :shock::shock::lol:

Fortunately for me I could buff the the marks out so the episode had a happy ending. I fear a well fed cat would have made more damage !

On a related note I saw huge seagull perched (and eating a disgarded sandwich) on a brand new X5 roof in Tesco's carpark last week and I cannot see how that thing couldnt have ruined the paint on that !

• Having just got back from cleaning bird crap off of the bonnet of my 7 . I am amazed at the protection of Zaino car products . Using Megs Ultimate Detailer I managed to remove dried in the midday sun Bird Crap and there was no residue left etched into the paint

• some pictures.

pre wash, with footprint evidence.

Post wash, the gravity of the damage is clear.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• :shock:

That is nasty, I feel for you. I can't understand why a cat would do such a thing, usually they will only claw at rough surfaces that they can actually get a grip on :? I've never seen a cat claw a car, in fact they seldom climb on to cars, preferring trees or fences which are higher up.

• This had a happier ending than expected.
    I took the car to a detailr and in about 10 minutes he remover about 90% of the scratches. and the remaining 10% can only be seen if you know what you are looking for.

I can live with this result..... untill the car gets repainted next year or so

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Reward..... well... I think I'll let her get away with this one.... but if it happens again......

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!