Drawings of new concept 8 series

• Probability is this wasn't drawn by Bangle, but to my eyes quite possible.
    The boot lid to me is like an after thought. I do like the rest of the car but not as much as the E31. Anyone here keen on it ?. I hope they don't put a diesel engine in it, no matter how great they say them engines are now.

Here are the photos:

Front view
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/j…in/set-72157603240532738/

Side view
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/j…in/set-72157603240532738/

Or maybe this is the new 8 series (photo is dark but still viewable):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/82131280@N00/319385848/

Nathan.

• I like the head-on view and think the proportions are good, it looks like a Ferrari/Aston hybrid which is no bad thing.

The side view is also nearly there but I would still like to see a sharper nose profile rather than the bullnose it has. The rear is ok but lose that bootlid hump, its ugly on everything that has it a and who gives a stuff about 2 sets of golf clubs?

That 3rd pic is pure tack, looks like a Jap made Lotus Elise. Yuk. No class at all.

They will always fit a diesel though purely for marketing purposes.

• That is one of two bangle shapes i like, suprised me alot actually.Like you say Sama this could be the new 8 and not the M1.I did see the new M1 in red or orange but the engine cover still sticks out by a mile.

• Not to break youre dreams boys but it's just a photoshoppet image, by a Spaniard with the artist name H0SS Forero.

The real image featured a Ford GT40.

He took a picture of a E92 M3 and photoshoppet that image into the car you see, and put it in the GT40 picture.

Brillinat job, but sadly for us.... just a photoshop.

The M3 image

http://www.automotorsport.se/u…/2008/5/6/M3_saluvagn.jpg

The real image.

http://www.dieselstation.com/p…wallpaper-ds104-i244.html

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• From what I understand there will never be another 8.

The good thing about that is that that makes our cars a one off series.
    A truly unique car.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Now you have put it like that Noggie, the 8 is in the same league as the E Type Jag, because they are the same shape alas with different engine choices.

Nathan.

• They are making the CS, but it won't be called an 8. These were initial rumors. The CS will be a direct competitor to the very popular MBZ CLS.

The new M1, coming soon in 2010, will be the new 8 (without the usage of the number '8' though). Good news in my book :D But if BMW decides to revive the '8' designation, so be it. Nothing these days will look like the unique E31. Perhaps a new 8 will actually change the status of E31 from 'old weird hard to maintain slow heavy knightrider car' to 'classic sports car' in the eyes of the laymen & car aficionados.

Cheers 8)

• You guys are semi-ignorant of the BMW automotive industry these days.

Fact (1): the Mercedes-Benz CLS “coupe” is produced and launched at a similar time with the BMW 6 series to compete with each other: both are derived from the mid-sized saloon, namely the E class and the 5 series, and both have similar price points.

Fact (2): the Concept CS will definitely be produced, and is derived from the F01 7 series platform. It may not be labelled as an 8, but it will, along with the 7 series, take the flagship role. It will be priced way above the Mercedes-Benz CLS. It will be priced to compete with the Mercedes-Benz CL coupe (which is derived from their S class).

Fact (3): the E31 8 series was a magnificent grand touring vehicle, not a pure super sports car, as you all know. The M1 will be a super sports car, totally different in character to a GT. BMW will not have two large GT vehicles. The current 6 series is BMW’s flagship GT coupe. The CS concept is more prestige driven, aimed at top end markets and will probably be labelled as an 8.

I know because I have spoken to my dealer about it and they are quietly starting to take "orders" for it (i.e. only taking small deposits).

• Zitat von 650iOzBoy

I'm sure all of you have seen the BMW Concept CS. That vehicle (in its production form) will be labelled as an 8. It will share the same platform as the F01 7 series and will have 4 doors (4-door "coupe").

Zitat von 650iOzBoy

The spiritual successor to the E31, in the form of a genuine 2 door coupe, has been given to the revived 6 series.

Zitat von 650iOzBoy

Fact (2): the Concept CS will definitely be produced, and is derived from the F01 7 series platform. It may not be labelled as an 8, but it will, along with the 7 series, take the flagship role. It will be priced way above the Mercedes-Benz CLS. It will be priced to compete with the Mercedes-Benz CL coupe (which is derived from their S class).

Zitat von 650iOzBoy

Fact (3): The current 6 series is BMW’s flagship GT coupe. The CS concept is more prestige driven, aimed at top end markets and will probably be labelled as an 8.

Zitat von 650iOzBoy

You guys are semi-ignorant of the BMW automotive industry these days.

at least keep to the same story :wink:

• Since the early 90's the way BMW label their cars have changed.

A few years ago (prior to the launch ofthe E90) they were thinking about changing the lineup.
    The plan was as follows.

1 series to be introduced as a small 3/5 door car.

3 series would be only 4-door and Touring.

4 series would be introduced as the coupe and convertible 3 series.

5 series as it is.

6 series as the coupe "5 series"

7 series as it is

These changes did not happen.

The 4 series idea was cancelled. and the 6 became more of an independent car.

The 6 is as of today the closest you will ever get to an 8 series, an I think this car is to worked into the marked to be replaced by a new 8.

The concept CS and other sports cars from BMW will probably be labelled in the current lineup of sports cars, the Z series, or maybe even a M something.

I believe that the CS, if buildt will be named Z9 or Z10.

The 8-series will never be buildt again.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!