My very "rare" BMW 840 Ci

• Sorry for my bad english, i'm french

For me, all of the 8 series are rare ! :)
    but a lot of people (from BMW, racing team, ...) said to me that my 840 Ci is more rare

I'm the happy owner of a BMW 8 series 840 Ci with two "not-normal" options : the manual gearbox et the velours in the interior !
    Some people think that the man who have the car bought, had no more money for the options :lol: (no open roof, no leather, no M pack, ...)
    but you know what ? I doesn't care and I looove my 8 series :D

So she is from 1996, one of the last examplar with the V8 M60 4.0 before the 4.4 M62 and there is now 113700 on the odometer (I bought it with 113388)

At the seller's garage

the first thing than I made to come back home, the fueling ! :lol:

at my father restaurant, where I work actually

in my uncle's parking

and with my brother's SLK 230 Kompressor '98

• Very lovely car. And quite unique, too. There are lots of E31 owners over here in the USA that really would like their 8s to have the sunroof deleted. And a manual M60 sounds like paradise to me.

Cheers

• Welcome aboard.

Oh to know how it feels to drive an 8 with manual... I can only dream.

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• Hi and welcome Fuch. Another V8 owner with 6-speed manual :D we are indeed a rare bunch. Regardless of your lack of other options, you have what is the most important option in an 840 in my opinion!

I have only ever seen a photo of one other 8 with cloth seats, and that was a Japan spec model I think. What's strange is that I don't think the cost was a factor, as leather and sunroof were standard across the range. So the original owner probably didn't like either of them, and chose a no-cost delete option.

The car looks in very good condition. You do have at least one option, as there is an extra button to the right of the gear stick that isn't standard. EDC perhaps? Looks like you have cruise control too, which wasn't standard on the 840 either (it was on the 850 as the V12 has drive by wire, so it's simply an ECU function on those).

• Zitat von PierreGoffinet;57016

Rare en effet, la seule 840 Ci M60 boite 6 en Belgique avec l'intérieur en tissus.
    le numéro de chassis est-il CC78261 ?

C'est CC78324 (Fuch):
    ORIENTBLAU METALLIC (317)
    STOFF CARRE/ANTHRAZIT (A5AT)
    Prod Date: 1995-10-24

CC78261 - Noir:
    COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303)
    STOFF CARRE/ANTHRAZIT (A5AT)
    Prod Date: 1995-04-13

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!