2000 UK Registered M62 840CiA - Request for Assistance

• Hello everyone;

I was wondering if anyone in the UK would be willing to help me sort out this car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA…iewItem&item=220281541051

First, the pictures are dreadful and it's difficult to figure out the color scheme for this vehicle.

Second, the story the seller is sharing about this M62 840CiA being imported into the UK in the year 2000 seems fantastic to me.

And lastly, the car mainly has been sitting for 8 years only traveling about 20k miles. There's got to be a good story here.

Would anyone be interested in helping me with the following:

• Contact the seller and get the VIN or last 7 digits of the chassis number?
    • Re-verify the seller's storyline about the car being imported into the UK in 2000.

Thanks in advance!

• Zitat von Jud;52852

Second, the story the seller is sharing about this M62 840CiA being imported into the UK in the year 2000 seems fantastic to me.

I may be missing some important information here, but the seller claims the car was imported from Germany. Then why is the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car? Or is this a RHD that was imported to Germany and then back? Confusing story...

• Zitat von revtor;52860

I may be missing some important information here, but the seller claims the car was imported from Germany. Then why is the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car? Or is this a RHD that was imported to Germany and then back? Confusing story...

It's a fantastic story. That's why it needs verification. This car was most likely a RHD M62 840CiA from the beginning.

Zitat von Argonaut;52862

I've just mailed the seller via eBay and asked for the VIN, (and explained where to find it) I'll let you know what I can find out.

Thank you!

• Thanks Jason.

This car is a regular M62 840CiA Sport without the special upholstery trimmings that other Sport models have installed.

As implied by the seller, it's just weird that this car was a late import to the UK.

VIN long CC67274
    Type code EF82
    Type 840I (EUR)
    Dev. series E31 ()
    Line 8
    Body type COUPE
    Steering RL
    Door count 2
    Engine M62
    Cubical capacity 4.40
    Power 210
    Transmision HECK
    Gearbox AUT
    Colour ORIENTBLAU METALLIC (317)
    Upholstery LEDER NAPPA/SILBERGRAU (M5SL)
    Prod. date 1998-10-21

Order options
    No. Description
    337 M SPORTS PACKAGE
    353 ANTI-GLARE STRIP FRONT + RR WINDOW
    401 SLIDING/VENT ROOF, ELECTRIC
    423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR
    428 WARNING TRIANGLE
    431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE
    459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W MEMORY F DRIVER
    481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
    500 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYS/INTENSIVE CLEANING
    528 AUTOMATIC AIR RECIRCULATION CONTROL(AUC)
    540 CRUISE CONTROL
    623 CAR TELEPHONE(GSM)
    670 RADIO BMW PROFESSIONAL
    672 CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS
    676 HIFI LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEM
    690 CASSETTE HOLDER
    704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
    710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
    715 M AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE
    775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE
    782 M LT/ALY WHEELS SYSTEM II
    841 OPTION CODE PACKAGE PSEUDO-CODE-NO.
    863 EUROPE/DEALER DIRECTORY
    880 ENGLISH/OWNERS HANDBOOK/SERVICE BOOKLET
    925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Series options
    No. Description
    216 SERVOTRONIC
    243 AIRBAG FOR FRONT PASSENGER
    853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH

• Going going gone

Looks like a chap from Ireland snapped it up for £7299. Pretty good deal if the car's genuine.

1997 E31 840Ci Sport
    2009 Mini Cooper
    2008 Toyota RAV-4 XT-R

Do every act of your life as if it were your last.

• I never understand why some sellers stick the worst possible pictures of their car when listing it for sale, this will really increase the chance of sale :motz:
    Well unless they don't really want to sell it and are only listing as they've been told to by their partner to do so :harhar:

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Zitat von Hellrot 844;56038

With the above data does anyone know any more about the car? I've requested a meet to look it over and it would be nice to be armed with any info out there! :help:

What is listed in this thread is all we know about this car. If you go look at it, PLEASE take your camera and take better pictures of this car!

Also, the story the seller presents just seems to unbelievable that this car was built in 1998 but not imported into the UK until the year 2000. That just seems too fantastic. Anything you can learn to verify this car's provenance would be helpful.

• The Plot Thickens some what:dontknow:

The Buyer from the original auction insists he has now completed payment:hmmmm: if so why has it been relisted ??

Steer well clear I say;-)

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Sorry to bring an old thread back up.

I have seen the car and its on very very good condition. The interior is virtually like new.

The story is that the first owner imported it back in 1999, not 2000. Its gone for a very good price.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!