Staggered Alpina's are on !!!

• Zitat von herrera800;61391

On my previous 8 I had 265's up front wrapped around some MK Motorsports with no rubbing issues at all.

Yes but those are MK-I's not Alpina's. I used to have 245/40/18 M-Parallel up front and they rubbed a tad when turning, too.

• Zitat von Alx;61406

Very nice wheels, I love them!

However, aren't your tires mounted in the wrong direction?

Regards,

Just noticed that, driver side front and passenger side rear?

• Falken 452s

I think the guys are right....

Unless you've swopped them already...the directional tread pattern in those (hell, that's a beautiful colour) photos show that the both rear tyres need swopping L to R.:grin2:

The bodywork looks absolutely pristine!
    Have you got any interior shots?

• Guys - Thanks - In the excitement of getting wheels on last week I omitted to notice the tread direction. :banghead: But as I said I was pretty excited :devilchilli:.

Anways - will change round this weekend.

Bodywork is in pretty good shape. Before I put on the Alpina's I clayed and waxed ( with Zymol ) which gave a pretty good result. I know some of you like the colour but to be honest I'm just not that sure. Never have since getting the car, however as you know you need to buy these cars on condition rather than colours. It's growing on me I suppose.

Thanks again for the comments. David8 - The interior is Nappa cream / piped leather. resonable condition except the front drivers bolster.

Gary

• Having seen your Pics Garc has re ignited by interest in the Alpinas, and I am now close to buying a set. I do like the Softline a little more though I believe to correct the offset with Softlines you need to use spacers. Anyone else done this, are there any issues with spacers?
    Steve

• Zitat von Koizumi;61439

Excuse my shameless Alpina pic post :harhar:

Cheers to the Alpina brotherhood!

Are your Alpinas the same as gar;s in the first post? What make and type tyres have you fitted?

• Zitat von steveirl;61450

Are your Alpinas the same as gar;s in the first post? What make and type tyres have you fitted?

Yes, the wheels are the same :top: Staggered Alpina 18x9 ET12 and 18x10.5 ET20

My tires are Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 245/40/18 & 285/35/18

• When I saw the first picture at the beginning of the thread I thought someone had taken a picture of my car! With the BBSs on it's is identical :cool: I've not seen another Royal Red since getting mine. Individual Champagne interior? What year is it?

Looks great with the Alpinas! No more wondering from me...

• There was a Royal Red 840 (with champagne interior) advertised for sale a couple of years ago, as having previously belonged to a famous personality or football player. Maybe some one here bought it?

There was also a Mora "purple" available, which is just slightly darker than Royal Red.

• I am about to pull the trigger on a set of 18" Alpina Originals as fitted by Garc at the beginning of this post. I would prefer the Softline but apparently they are not available in the correct offset for the E31?
    I have been offered a choice of three tyres, Goodyear GSD3, Pirelli PZero Assym. and Michelin Pilot Sport. There is a difference of £220 with the Goodyears the cheapest and Michelin the most expensive. Which would you guys choose.
    I currently have Goodyear F1 GSD3 on the CSi and am happy but have nothing to compare them with as they have always been on the car.
    Steve

• Congratulations on the prospective purchase, I'm very jealous!

Personally I don't like the 'Softlines' so stick with the 'Classic'.

I had Eagle F1 GSD3, they're a great tyre, but no longer produced.

I'd save the money an go for Falken 452, it's an excellent tyre and I'm convinced you'd need to be doing serious track work to see the benefit, if any, of the other vastly more expensive brands.

• I loved my Pirellii P-Zero Nero M+S with M-Pars, but the rears only came in 275/35.

For staggered Alpinas, I went with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso as they come in 285/35. The Pirelli Rosso's have the meanest look to them. They are fat and aggressive in profile, much more so than most any other brand. I don't need all-season tires here in L.A. so that makes me lucky compared to all you folks in snow, ice & rain land :grin2:

• For tyre choice I'm all for Falkens, I had Falkens fitted all round when I had the Alpina's fitted and they were faultless. Now I've swapped back to the original throwing stars and they have Eagles F1's fitted to them and IMHO they're nowhere as impressive in the wet as the Falkens were.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!