• done a deal today. total stranger walked up to me on sunday whilest I was waiting for the wife in my ks8 and asked if I new anyone who wanted a cheap 8. collecting it on sunday. not baged. csi body kit. metalic red. grey leather interia. vin number cb97384. dont know what cc it is yet or how many owners.:driver::devilchilli:

• Zitat von koenig dave;61672

done a deal today. total stranger walked up to me on sunday whilest I was waiting for the wife in my ks8 and asked if I new anyone who wanted a cheap 8. collecting it on sunday. not baged. csi body kit. metalic red. grey leather interia. vin number cb97384. dont know what cc it is yet or how many owners.:driver::devilchilli:

Lucky you!. I wish I had the space to store spares like that.
    According to REALOEM, you have just got yourself an automatic (non-steptronic) M60 840i E31 Coupe produced september 1994

How much is cheap? - if you dont mind me asking

• no more pictures as yet. only saw the car for 10 minutes in my break.
    i hav't heared the motor yet.
    4ltr and a member of the 4 short club
    the wife thinks my medication has stoped working

• Zitat von Jud;61690

Ambiguous pictures Dave (grin).

I took the pictures from my mobile
    are the wheels corect for the car? they look like m5 wheels to me.
    I have a 645ci at the moment. will the 840 perform anything like it?

• DAve the wheels are the Throwing Star option offered on the 8 series and used on the CSI model. As for performance I will let someone else clear that up as I have the full 12 cylinders:laugh:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• :harhar:I,ve driven a 645 & had the m60 engined 840:grin2: I have to say the 645 is light years quicker than the 8 :top: the more I see of the 6's the more I like them [plenty of room for Modifying:harhar:]

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• The 645 is about 200kg lighter than the 840 and has about 40 BHP more (286 cf 328 ), But the engine has single (or dual?) VANOS, which probably imporoves the torque distribution over the rev-range.

The 0-100km/h is quoted as 5.6 s (similar to CSi) compared to about 7.5 on the 840

The final drive ratios are about the same.

The steering and suspension is certainly more up to date, undoubtedly improving overall handling.

But, the fit and finish of the 645, I don't believe is of the same level as the 8 series. There are many expensive-to-produce details on the 8 which are not there on later generations. For example, the pilarless design, the seats with integrated seatbelts, the quality of the standard-leather on the seats, the solid feal to the switchgear, even the way the wipers work and the invisible heating elements on the rear screen...

• selling the645ci god it can drink, but boy can it fly. it was locked in limp mode when I baught it, took it to the main stealers. I didnt know the gear shift stick has no machanical link to the gear box. the ecu tells the box what gear to be in. 2004 silver steptronic must have been £70.000 new
    offered £14.000 today

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!