Eibach Springs 840 Ci Sport

• Hi guys,

Does anyone have these springs fitted to a 840 sport?

I've been thinking about getting them on the car, but I'm a bit worried it would lower it too much, as I have 18" wheels on the car at the moment, and obviously the CSI bodykit from the factory, which doesn't give much clearance at the front anyways with stock!

Plus the fact that the stock springs aren't available at the moment (according to BMW - I have the M-Technic suspension) - I need other options!

Any help would be welcome! Cheers :winkwink:

------------------------------------------
    BMW 840ci Sport Invididual 1997
    Land Rover Freelander HSE Td4 2004
    Maserati Shamal 1996

• No need to worry about your car going too low :hmmmm:

I have the Eibach springs and if anything the car sits too high. It has been an issue with me ever since fitting them. From reading around here it would appear that H&R Fronts plus Eibach/CSi Rears give the best look if you want to go down the lowering route.

Btw, 18" 'wheels' (rim + tyre) have the same circumference as 17" and 19, 20" etc wheels. Only the tyre side wall is reduced when you get larger wheels. :top:

• Zitat von TallTony;65695

No need to worry about your car going too low :hmmmm:

I have the Eibach springs and if anything the car sits too high. It has been an issue with me ever since fitting them. From reading around here it would appear that H&R Fronts plus Eibach/CSi Rears give the best look if you want to go down the lowering route.

Btw, 18" 'wheels' (rim + tyre) have the same circumference as 17" and 19, 20" etc wheels. Only the tyre side wall is reduced when you get larger wheels. :top:

hey thanks for the response! really helpful :D

I'm wanting the Eibach springs to stop excessive vertical movement, I just feel with the springs on now, there is too much travel, so perhaps stiffer springs would work (i bought the car from a garage that has gone under, and they replaced the springs before i bought it, but I have no way of telling what they put on!!!)?

I'm not really bothered about lowering, its low enough already! haha

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von violetduck;65717

I'm wanting the Eibach springs to stop excessive vertical movement, I just feel with the springs on now, there is too much travel

Maybe you rather need new shock dampers?

Das was du heute denkst, wirst du morgen sein.
    Buddha

• well i thought about that, but the dampers would only control the damping effect, not the actual travel of the spring

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Eibachs

Hi
    I have replaced my original springs on my 840Ci Sport with a lowered eibach set, firms things a little, i wanted to get a bit lower, but frankly the front is still a bit to tall for my liking, probably due to the Phoenix camber plates which add a little to the overall suspension height.

I run 19" wheels with 285 30 19 on the rear and the arches are now nicely filled, the front are 245 35 19.

Here are some pics:-

• hey Rob, looks stunning!

Mine has 18" on, but I think I'm going to have to change out the struts at the front, prob. for Bilsteins. there is far too much travel over bumps, so out comes the chequebook again!

I keep my car stock always, but the problem is there isn't any availability of the M-Tech springs from BMW !!!!! No idea when they will come back in either...

Maserati Shamal 1996

• well...BMW weren't sure, I think they are waiting for new stock from the supplier...but they haven't been in stock for 4 months???

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Hi bud - just a note on the bilstiens I changed out mine a couple of months ago, as I had lots of mush with the origional ones, got to say she is a two tonne go cart now :cool: - go for the sport version nice and hard:harhar:

All the best

1991 850ci,
    2001 540
    2002 4.6 Range Rover Vogue

• Zitat von sparklesmcgraw;65954

Really?

Hmm that is the worry with the growing age of these cars. Do they know if they will ever come back in stock? The aren't being discontinued or anything are they?

sorry sparkles, BMW won't say!

I think its a supply problem for now! but I'll try to find out from a friend at BMW AG and let you know

Maserati Shamal 1996

• Zitat von violetduck;65952

hey Rob, looks stunning!

Mine has 18" on, but I think I'm going to have to change out the struts at the front, prob. for Bilsteins. there is far too much travel over bumps, so out comes the chequebook again!

I keep my car stock always, but the problem is there isn't any availability of the M-Tech springs from BMW !!!!! No idea when they will come back in either...

Thanks for the kind comments, luckily I have EDC on my car and as an added bonus it even works, Cruiser... 2 tonne go kart.....Cruiser at the flick of a switch, hope they don't break though as £700 per strut!

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• I have had 840 ci sport springs on order since May 2 - manufacture date is July 27 with delivery early August - if they are late I will put 2nd hand on for Gaydon then the new ones when they arrive. BMW UK have stated the correct part number for my car is 31.331 090 792 @ £77.39 each, but they have said the M Tech coils are chassis number dependant. Hope that helps! :harhar:

• Hi Mike
    Is yours an 850 csi - BMW told me the coil springs are not switchable and the 850 csi will not go on the 840 ci sport - hence the 3 month wait in prime driving time!!
    Tony

• ...... BMW have missed 'guaranteed delivery dates' of 27 July and 31 July for my front coils so far - they are now promising 20'ish August in Germany + 4 days at my independent - I've found a single 2nd hander at FAB in Gloucester as a 'get me to Gaydon' hopefully, but it is going to be very tight. The most annoying thing is that if they hadn't lied to me (twice!) I could have got a 2nd hander from Gerry in May and not missed 3 1/2 months summer driving !! :banghead:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!