• My 8 sailed through her mot today, no advisories, tester commented on how well she has stood up to the roads local to me, full of potholes etc....just goes to prove how well our 8's are put together and built to last !

Cheers, Alex :drink1:

There are 10 types of people in this world,
    those who understand binary code,
    and those who don't !

• Thanks Gerry, the problem is the car is barely driveable as the gearbox is stuck in 3rd gear and makes it fairly horrid to drive. I'm not in any particular hurry to get the MoT, just want the car back on the road in a good state so I want to get this issue sorted first.

I've been trying to sort it all morning in the snow, i'm starting to hate England :banghead:.

• All the best for the forthcoming test Nick! mine passed last year with no advisories... however a recent inspection service at Sytner highlighted quite a few bits...which im in the process of sorting...bit by bit!!! - parts cost was just over a 1000... put stealer labour etc on top and the total was £3300!!!!

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

• Zitat von Benji 840Ci Sport;73511

All the best for the forthcoming test Nick! mine passed last year with no advisories... however a recent inspection service at Sytner highlighted quite a few bits...which im in the process of sorting...bit by bit!!! - parts cost was just over a 1000... put stealer labour etc on top and the total was £3300!!!!

Why the Main Dealer:banghead: FFS:hmmmm:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Lol steve and sparkles...

The dealer experience was, despite many bad reports of dealerships, very good indeed (the staff were very polite to me and complimentary of the car.) I wanted the to keep up the BMW service history.

Re the inspection items:

Ive already done half the things listed and the service was only 2 weeks back! :)

The list was this;

Fuel filter replacement + clips. = Done

N/S window microswitch (which i had already diagnosed and ordered in). = Done (expensive!)

Rear pads and sensors = Done

New rear Diff oil = Done

New wiper blades = Done (easy job and saved myself £35!)

Dash bulb replace = Done (easy job and saved myself £60!)

A/C P/S belts replace due to slight splitting = Done

Rear shock leaking (slightly but nothing major - but of course theyd want to fit 2 new rears!!) = im currently looking into exactly how bad the leak is and if and who can repair it! £550 to replace and fit!

Rear shock tops split - cheap to replace and if the shocks are off then easy to fit. £36.

Rear silencer hangers broken and hanger mounts - not sure how this has happened... not too expensive fix. £120 all in inc fit.

centre track rod - they reckon excess play in there...im having a second opinion on this. £267

O/S/F track rod - again excess play. £139

castor control arm bushes - i have no idea what or where this bush is located but they want to replace 2 of them - £120
    Rear trailing arm front bushes - £307!
    After which they want to perform KDS alignment check - £218

Theyve recomended that due to corrosion, my fuel pipes need replacing - no part number or part cost here - just £800 of labour?!!!!

rear propshaft coupling leaking (new coupling) - £356

Thankfully they gave me photocopies of the inspection sheets so i have a record... im just working down the list now...and deciding what action needs to be taken.

tbh im not suprised at the faults as its normal wear and tear parts... but unfortunately my pockets arent deep enough to fork out for all this in one go!

Swissvax Certified Detailer.
    April 1998 BMW 840CiA Sport Individual

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!