Practical Performance Car Magazine

• Well, there I was out on the road with my sales manager yesterday earning the crust, the mobile goes and a guy says:-

"Hi, I am with Practical Performance Car Magazine and we are going to do a buying feature on the 8 series, got a bit of a problem, we need a feature car for the photoshoot and I found your profile on pistonheads (and the link to my business website), can you help?"

Yes shouldn't be a problem, when is it?

"Thats the issue, it's a bit short notice.... Thursday and it is in Derby!"

Oh.....well its not every day you get your car to be featured, so no problem!

So its up early and get it washed and then a moderate toodle up to Derby in the morning.

So it looks like the 8 series will be immortalized in print again spreading the word to the uninitiated and helping keep the marque in people minds..... and my eight helping spread the word...... I hope it doesn't need too much airbrushing :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, might have to wax the bikini line as well. :cool:

I'll let you all know the issue it will be in when I know :top:.

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Well the day went well. I did not rain on the way up and the flies stayed away, so a quick wash of the wheels and she was ready for show.

The bloke doing the photographs is really affable but can talk for england, although he has some interesting stories and anecdotes having seen it all in the car world.

In real terms the missus and I spent 4 hours in a blacked out industrial unit in Derby, sitting around, drinking coffee, and watching him take 15 photos, but the result is quite stunning.... a very sneak preview for you 8er's on here, I am not allowed to put them in general circulation until the mag comes out, but I am absolutly stunned at how "showroom" this picture makes my car look! Can't wait to see what the mag makes of it.

Offers are now being accepted over 15K. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

After that a gentle :driver: home via Stratford for dinner by the Avon in a very nice French Bistro.

Dateien

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

• Now that is exceptional photography! I love it. It reminds me very much of the marvelous pictures by the René Staud Studio in the Jürgen Lewandowski book "BMW 850i - Extravaganz auf Rädern".

• Zitat von E31;77274

Stunning photo!

Loving the subtle interior illumination.

How on earth do I go about getting personal pictures like that without such an opertunity....:hmmmm:

.....and thats the low res one on here you should see the 300Dpi 13MB high res ones.

You could take a trip to Derby and the guy will do it for you for a sum. If you are interested I should have his number somewhere. But I would expect a bill of £500+ for a days booking from the discussions I was having, which if two of you split is perhaps not to bad. He did two the day I went, a scooby was up before me for the same mag.

• Feature Dates

OK

I now have the probable publishing date, should be around the 24th July - August edition.

Magazine is PRACTICAL PERFORMANCE CAR.
    Feature is Buying Guide for the 8 series.

Can't wait!

• Zitat von Lloyd;77330

She looks great Rob and the alpina's are an improvement too:grin2:

Thanks Lloyd,

.......the rides certainly much better than the 19's, but I like the look of both and the original throwing stars, now that I have the K38 as well with its 4 sets I have enough wheel and tyre sets for a BMW to change them every day of the week.... I even bought an battery powered Impact wrench for that super fast pit change :laugh:

• Zitat von Lloyd;77330

......the alpina's are an improvement too:grin2:

Photo looks great Rob - it's amazing what "they" can do these days! Looks sweet though. Agreed on the Alpinas - really improve the overall look. We'll look forward to more pics hopefully :grin2:

• Zitat von robmarrs;77325

.....I would expect a bill of £500+ for a days booking from the discussions I was having, which if two of you split is perhaps not to bad. He did two the day I went, a scooby was up before me for the same mag.

Blimey! In my view it would need 10 of us to get that price sensible! No wonder magazines cost a fiver these days!

Its the warehouse and uniform white backdrop that do it.

Loving the Alpina's too :cool:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!