What do you think to these?

• Zitat von Argonaut;78128

Nice idea Steve, I thought about doing something similar, what material did you use?

With a joinery background I work best in wood:harhar: I got 6 9" x 2" timbers spaced 16" apart with 1 central support then covered with 3/4" plywood, just enough room to slide my big belly under the car:rofl:

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Hi Steve,

I honestly don't wish to pee on your parade, and the ramps are great, but you don't have enough room to walk around the sides to work on the car.

Great if you want to work under the middle of the car but you could'nt do much else.

Now if they were in the middle of a double garage...............

8Tech.

• Got me my G/box Oil changed this weekend, Waxoyl next weekend,it's about maximising one's opportunities,not designing my ideal workshop:top:

• Zitat von johnnywas;78154

I know someone that their car fell on top of them,nearly died,dont know if i would trust wood to hold up an 8er,

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Johnny, The down pressure of my house is about 350 tons, It's built of wood:harhar: So no worries with a 2 ton car;-) or do you prefere I use some metal ramps from Halfords with each joint spot welded:hmmmm:

I know for sure which I prefere:top:

• Recon your lignin reinforced fibre composite structure will be more than strong enough Steve :harhar:

Even low ramps make a difference - being able to crawl under the car as opposed to not being able to crawl under the car :hmmmm:

I built a pit in my garage. It's long, but only 80cm or so deep, but all that means is I sit down rather than stand - no use for constant use, but hardly a major problem for occasional DIY maintenance.

• Zitat von ukzero;78158

Recon your lignin reinforced fibre composite structure will be more than strong enough Steve :harhar:

Even low ramps make a difference - being able to crawl under the car as opposed to not being able to crawl under the car :hmmmm:

I built a pit in my garage. It's long, but only 80cm or so deep, but all that means is I sit down rather than stand - no use for constant use, but hardly a major problem for occasional DIY maintenance.

:laugh: Where would the World be without Lignin:hmmmm:

The Irony is that when I built the house I had no intention of living in it , at the foundation stage I rember tipping 4o tons of Hardcore into the garage oversite:banghead: never gave a thought to building a pit, until now:harhar:

Should I get time a shallow pit such as yours could be next on my list:winkwink:

• Not a brilliant picture - couldn't be bothered to back the car all the way out (or clean off the flies!) - but you get the idea.
    It's three blocks deep and about ten feet long.
    The ledge allows me to mount a trolley jack on a steel cradle to jack up either axle.

I know the tiles might look a bit OTT for a garage, but the floor was in a terrible mess and when B&Q offered these tiles for £3.50 a square metre in one of their silly offers it worked out easier and cheaper than reskimming and painting!

• Zitat von stevep840;78155

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Johnny, The down pressure of my house is about 350 tons, It's built of wood:harhar: So no worries with a 2 ton car;-) or do you prefere I use some metal ramps from Halfords with each joint spot welded:hmmmm:

I know for sure which I prefere:top:

I know for sure which i prefer :top: I think a good trolly jack and axle stands would be more beneficial.come on admitt it :poke::laugh:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!