Got my new OBC

• I believe the pixel fault is because the connection degrades over time which unfortunately means the new ones can develop the pixel fault quite quickly. This is what happened to the units swapped over in the states under warranty. The repairs rectify this.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Have not connected it yet. The difference may be that the pushbuttons are in english? Haven´t had a closer look at the OBC in the car, but this should be the right one, I hope ;) Partnr : 62136914688

And regarding pixelfaults, I don´t have that problem today so hopefully this OBC lasts a long time :driver:

• Is it from a one off supply of did the stock the item? I have a new consul waiting to go in (mine has a couple of scratches) which would be even better with a new OBC. PM me the link

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;87394

Is it from a one off supply of did the stock the item? I have a new consul waiting to go in (mine has a couple of scratches) which would be even better with a new OBC. PM me the link

The seller have sold several OBCs. Sent you a link :)

• Hello Lerbrekk,

€200 only!? I was looking to pay that for repairing mine, with p&p. Can you send me the link also please.

01/1994 E31 840i M60 European LHD automatic, prod code EF61

• As Shiggsy pointed out "new ones" are known to fail just as miserably as the old ones you intend to replace.

Also take notice that RHD and LHD OBCs are different ;)

For us the best address to fix those has been M8-Enzo, fellow 8er driver, over a period of near 10 yrs now.

His charges are reasonable - around 100 EUR plus shipping and what you receive in return normally lasts. He also fixes broken buttons.

He has had dealings with overseas people so assume his English is up to the task.

Address details here - last posting.

Cheers
    Reinhard

• Zitat von IvanT;87404

Hello Lerbrekk,

€200 only!? I was looking to pay that for repairing mine, with p&p. Can you send me the link also please.

Got lucky, paid 150 euro. So I preferred to buy a new one. Sent you a link ;)

• Hello Lerbrekk,

I got the link you sent, thank you. Only €151, seems too good to be true. Have you installed yours yet?

Reinhard,

I did email Enzo awhile back, and got a very detailed and professional description of his workmanship. He obviously knows his stuff, but for €151 for a new one can't be bad. The pixels on mine only started going about three years ago on a 01/'94 produced car, so if I get 14 years from the new one, not too bad. The one pictured for sale is in English also, which suits me. I'll need to check that it's for LHD, thanks for that heads-up, I didn't realise they were different.

• Hi, I was thinking on sending mine to repair because a broken button and some faulty pixels. But for the price, I think it's better a new one. Can you please send me the link?

TIA

Alex

• IvanT : Have not installed it yet. I´m confident that it is new and will work. The seller also gives 1/2 year warranty...

Acca68: Links sent to you.

In general just search for "Bordcomputer E31" in Ebay Germany. There is two sellers who occasionally have new OBC´s up for bids :)

And of course freight to Norway and non EU was 30 euros (DHL) But I still think this is a "steal"...

Thor-Egil

• Bugger, I thought it was €151 'Buy Now'. It's auction though! I hate auctions. Also, as we all want one, we're going to be bidding against each other pushing the price up, that's commerce I guess! I think I'll send mine to M8-Enzo after all... If anybody wants M8-Enzo's details, give me an email address and I'll forward the email he sent me. As I said previously, looks to be very professional.

Regards,

Ivan

• Hi,

I have a little evidence to support the theory that repair is better than replacement. I repaired my own 4 years ago and it is still fine, touch wood!

• Zitat von MB;87899

Hi,

I have a little evidence to support the theory that repair is better than replacement. I repaired my own 4 years ago and it is still fine, touch wood!

tell us more......

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• please provide details

Guys can you please provide details for the repair serive for a 1996 RHD 840 cheers
    Rich

Richard
    840 Ci Individual
    1995 factory CSi sport kit
    Ferrari 599 GT Red
    Hong Kong

• Zitat von Lloyd;87900

tell us more......

It's a while ago, but if memory serves, the large ribbon that connects to the LCD screen is held in place by foam strips. My guess is that these take a set over time and the pressure between the contacts reduces resulting eventually in dead pixels. I replaced the original foam strips with slightly thicker ones I made from a slightly denser foam, cleaned everthing up put it back together and hey-presto!

Of course I would not seek to claim this would fix all defective MIDs but it's worth a go for those who accept the risk.

I hope those who profit from repairs do not take a contract out on me!!!:roll:

Cheers

Mark

• I presume the new OBC I bought is a late production... as NEW. Regardless... so cheap, I take my chances :top:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!