• Hi Lloyd, picked her up yesterday, the drive back was very similar to going on a first date:harhar: very exciting & very rewarding but as comfortable as putting on a pair of old shoes;-).

98 840ci sport, low mileage ,bought privately, paid a bit more than i would have liked to fend off other interested parties but then not even close to what some dealers are asking

Robs old green car was interesting me but didn't really want another in green, & I always admired Waynes old car so here we are.

No big plans,but it still has the original exhaust, and hasn't been serviced for 2 yrs:hmmmm: only covered 3000 miles in those yrs.

I have immediately noticed it is the smoothest that i've driven, the suspension is much better than any of my previous cars.

My urge to go fast every where has now past bye as i've got older so maybe we'll be together for a good long while

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von Jin;93285

Welcome back!

Nice colour/wheels there, the 20" pinas would've looked awesome on that though.....;-)

Dude ,thanks it's good to be back & part of the little gang of loonies again:rofl: I did consider the Pinas again but didn't want to cover old ground:top:

• Steve I too always liked Waynes colour. I drove mine yesterday to play rugby and there is no way around it she is lovely etc etc... I just need a garage to hide her in and buy another.:grin2:

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• She looks a nice one Steve, Thanks for the compliment, mine was Avus Blue.
    I'm always keeping an eye on the market to see if anything catches my eye, as its often been said these cars have that something that no other car has.

Who know's I might appear in the near future with one :top:

Cheers

Wayne.

Wayne.

On my 3rd 8 but my first V12 :cool:

• Hey you guys:top: thanks for the kind comments, good to see your still surviving Wayne.

All those years i thought your old car was estoril:laugh:just shows eh

This 840 was a stand out choice , No steering play ,wonderful suspension , zero rust & no de laminated rear screen.

The only thing I've found wrong [early days] no sound deadening pad under the engine cover?? now way would any one choose not to refit that??

• The under-bonnet insulation blanket is sometimes removed for a bonnet respray, as otherwise there's a tendancy to get overspray from around the headlight openings.

...Or perhaps the bonnet was replaced?? See if you have the original green aircon sticker on the lower rear right of the bonnet.

Anyway, they are still available at around GBP70.

... sorry, I misread the post. The sound-deadening pad under the engine cover may have been forgotten at some service. Mine was slightly eaten by some rhodent, but they are not available separately from the engine cover, which is GBP140.

• They have gone up in price surprise surprise £173+ vat:eek: but I now have one winging it's way to me via ebay:driver:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!