New forum member - quick intro + some pics

• Hi there,
    My name is Burn and I'm an alcoh-
    oops, I mean, my name is Burn, I jumped aboard the E31 Express (finally!) at the end of last summer when I bought a 1998 840ci in dakargelb II, a car colour I didn't know I truly loved until I lived with it. My E31 obsession is at an advanced stage by now - its really got me...but I'm working on it. :cool:

I've joined other forums meanwhile but lurked quietly here as my usual somewhat rapid -reloading style of posting is perhaps not an ideal fit for this page, however, I have now got most of my first wave of over-excited posts out of my system and wish to open my account here. :top:

I'm from London, I'm glad to say our 8er is almost completely as it left the factory, although recently, (inspired partly by the venerable Wuffer) I have made some very small and instantly reversible alterations mainly involving the roundels. Apart from that and a CD43 which I also added, the car really is stock, in lovely well cared for shape inside and out, not without its tiny flaws obviously but these merely add to her character --162,000 miles on the clock and drives almost like new..

I've had the privilege of briefly meeting Gerry 8-Tech and know Steve (Stevie) P from another forum - to the rest of you, I am pleased to say hello.

I'm assuming its fitting for me to now include a couple of pictures of the car.. These will follow in my next post on this thread, I'm trying to work out best way of adding images..

• Zitat von huldra66;95152

And must say i have started to like that color myself after some time to get used to it

I've never liked or even noticed yellow cars much at all but the advert had some amazing pix of the car actually on the beach at Brighton (evening shots with the pier in the background..) Not sure how the owner got it there tbh..
    I thought 'wow' and then when i saw the car it was love at first sight. The black'n'yellow interior isn't bad either..
    There is also something about the paint on these cars, thick, waxy and lovely. Probably filled with lead or something :o) but I'm not complaining.
    Almost every friend I have thats seen the car saying 'hmm don't like the colour' at first, has completely changed their minds by now. Yellow works on an 8er for sure.

• Yellow is terrific and very nearly as nice as Red:laugh: If I'm completely honest I actually thing yellow is the nicest colour for the 8.

Would you know if Darren Clark was the first owner as I know he had a yellow one.

Cheers
    Graham

• welcome on board, and yellow is such a great colour on an 8.

I like it so much that I almost want to get a cheap one and paint it yellow.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Thanks again for the kind welcomes, and the kind words about yellow - which I do think is a devastating colour for an E31.

I'm also moderately pleased to confirm that indeed, Darren Clarke the golfer was the first owner of my car - he won it by making a hole in one I believe - and racked up 15k odd miles in a very short space of time before selling it to the very wonderful lady I believe of Swedish descent, who owned it from then until a month or two before I bought it.
    She was one of those lovely people that drop their 8ers at BMW twice a year when they notice bird droppings on a wheel arch, and don't blink at the bill. (Or if she did - she'll have been doing a lot of blinking..bless her.)

Anyway she was great news for the car and great news for me. The crazy thing was that she sold the car for £2,250 to the chap who sold it on to me..(doubling his money but I don't mind). The car is so good its worth far more than that to me.

But £2,250?! the mind boggles..

Sorting some pix out for sure, in between my boring tasks today. Its always the best bit of joining a new forum - so, downhill from now then ;)

• Zitat von Noggie;95191

I almost want to get a cheap one and paint it yellow.

Are there rules against your importing/ driving a RHD in your location? Because the odd yellow 8er comes up in the UK very cheap.. :harhar: In which case you wouldn't even need to paint it. (You only have to say the word and my radar will swing into action..)

Myself, I will happily drive LHD in the UK, I don't think safety is affected if you are reasonably in control of your wits. I've almost bought a LHD campervan a couple of times recently in fact.

• Hi guys,
    as promised, some pix of our lovely 840ci. I've tried to post a good cross section w/ some from angles that show off our car's better features..

A few of these were taken just after a wheel refurb where they put my throwing stars on back to front - (I know the eagle-eyed will notice) but I include them anyway .. the light that day was so good...

The one with my wife and her yellow suede boots was taken on the day the car was delivered, its probably our favourite picture as it instantly reminds us of that happy day. I am shy about having it here (we're mature people and she isn't a Barbie doll..) but what the hey, she makes the car look so good! My other favourite one is the first one, as I think this angle is just perfect for looking at any E31, it illustrates so well the small black air vents below the windscreen (Well, I like it myself because those vents are so integral to E31 design and perhaps a little underappreciated..)

You will also notice some more recent alterations, I was inspired by Wuffers Panzer to introduce a programme I called "The Yellowfication" - these modifications are easily reversible in case they get boring...
    I hope these upload ok and people enjoy them..:devilchilli:

• Zitat von BBMatic;95196

Are there rules against your importing/ driving a RHD in your location? Because the odd yellow 8er comes up in the UK very cheap.. :harhar: In which case you wouldn't even need to paint it. (You only have to say the word and my radar will swing into action..)

Myself, I will happily drive LHD in the UK, I don't think safety is affected if you are reasonably in control of your wits. I've almost bought a LHD campervan a couple of times recently in fact.

No sure, have seen a few RHD cars here in the past, but I don't think I would be comfortable driving it anyway.
    I've driven RHD cars, but not on the side of the road that it was not intended for.

Great pictures... now I want one even more :)

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Lloyd;95295

Lovely was one of the photos near Hampton court?

Hi Lloyd, no actually.. but SW London always nice for a little drive, thats where you hail from isn't it.. ? (I've lurked..)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!