850CSi after paint detail

• Just had the CSi undergo a paint correction detail. I would be pretty used to doing this myself, but I found the paint very hard on this car, and without the proper depth guages, I decided to leave the heavy cut polishing in the hands of a professional detailer. It looks superb now, in fact I had not realised just how etched the paint had become over the years.
    A few pics..

• It does look AMAZING :harhar:

Any chance you could let us know
    a) how many hours roughly were spent on the whole detail
    b) how much you were charged?

I've been thinking of this myself for some time but wondered if it was worth doing as although the general surface appearance will improve, it won't make the odd deeper stone chip disappear obviously.

• Zitat von mcat911;97632

Looks like an Avus Blue under the lights, but much darker outside

Looks like Orient Blue..at least, the outdoor shots do! The indoor ones look a completely different colour..

• Absolutely amazing, I would love to have my 8 looking like that.

How would you say it compares to a re-spray; costwise and in terms of looks?

• I am in Ireland, so the cost is not going to be relevant to you, but think in the region of 400 to 600 for a full correction detail. The guy had it for just over afull week, and spent about four days on the car. Deeper stone chips can be filled in with a touch up, as for deep scratches, if they have penetrated into the base coat, they would need to be painted. if they are confined to the top coat, their appearance will be diminished.

Zitat von BBMatic;97664

Looks like Orient Blue..at least, the outdoor shots do! The indoor ones look a completely different colour..

The indoor shots were taken with a small camera, using the flash, and the colour looks very like the Iris Blue used by Porsche. Outside it is typical Orient Blue, a bit sombre on a dull day, it is one of those colours that comes alive in sunlight, or indoor in bright light.

Zitat von Deep;97667

Absolutely amazing, I would love to have my 8 looking like that.

How would you say it compares to a re-spray; costwise and in terms of looks?

If your paint is just suffering from scratches, swirls, and etching, a proper detail could be worthwhile. My car now just about looks like it has been freshly painted.

• Thanks Steve,

Perhaps it would be worthwhile going down this route rather than having a full respray?

Although I do have a small scratch that is fairly deep.

Nonetheless, the results look fantastic :top:

• Steve!!! What have you done???

If you think we are wearing microfibre gloves in a clean-room next time we work on it you are sorely mistaken.

Simon will go on indefinate leave when we see it next and my car will NOT be shifting over to let your car in MY clean-room.

I want it raining and via a few muddy lanes before we see it next.

Gerry. (+Simon)

• looks great :)

I know what you mean, I handed my Carbon Black M3 to a pro in 2010.
    I dropped off a dull black car, and when I picked it up it was bluish-purple in the sunlight, it's simply amazing how the paint will change over time.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von Lloyd;97690

Deep I am getting a detailer to look at mine with a view to having a full paint correction service.

This is my growing intention too..wondering if any of them do an "all-in" service where they touch up/ rust treat any tiny bubbles prior to doing an all over machine polish etc.
    *heads over to Detailing World forums*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!