Art Cars.......Am I the only one.....

• Sorry, but am I the only person that finds most of these a horrendous waste of a perfectly good car?

Maybe I am just a working class heathen who cannot appreciate a pile of poo in an art gallery as modern art but see it as crap also.?

Looking through all the art cars, the only one with some sort of impressive paintwork is the old E34 with the special effects.

The rest just seems like pampering to some art critic, completely separate from the real world who just has to say how brilliant some famous artist is at ruining a perfectly good car or risk losing their invites to galleries.

Most look like they were done by 7 year olds at school and if presented to the arty types secretly, done by the 7 year olds would be raved about also.

Here is my £95,000 presentation, paid for by Brighton Council, of the latest example of the 6-Series.

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/201...a-work-of-art/

8Tech.

• Completely agree! One of my (many) pet hates..

I understand that it's subjective, it's just not art to my mind. A skip, an unmade bed, a cow in a plastic box.. come on, they must be sniggering all the way to the bank.

A beautiful 8 painted by hand with a decorating brush? I don't think so! Why the hell these 'artists' have to peddle their neurosis.... Ok, I'll stop there :laugh:

I know it's far deeper than I can appreciate, obviously! But to me, it's all bollocks and 'they' know it too. Flame on.... :aetsch:

• I was actually at one of the exhibits on Friday and looked at 7 of them, including the US CSi by Hockney.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Zitat von 8Tech;103082

Sorry, but am I the only person that finds most of these a horrendous waste of a perfectly good car?

8Tech.

Absolutely NOT. I'm 100% with you. A waste of paint, money and time. And it makes me feel sorry for some initially beautiful cars.

Cheers
    Wolf

• no no no, u got it all wrong guys!!!
    its an African tribal dance ceremony they belong to:laugh:.
    and the new 3 series is the United Colors of Beneton creation!
    they are a disgrace compared to the 70's art cars like the M1 and the CSL Bat mobiles!

• well.. nice or not.... they do bring attention to BMW's to people who normally don't care about cars.

Personally I really don't care, not my car, and it's just one car......

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Folks.. That´s Art.. and Art can be controversal..
    It help´s People to get stuff for discussions..
    So.. that´s what you´re doing here..
    so it is not everybody´s taste.. also good!
    but you´re also talking about.. maybe more than the people who like this form of art..

Mission of the Art .. Done.. ;)

happy weekend!

.. ps.. i like some of the exhibits..
    also have a Hockney as a poster.. :winkwink:
    .. of course.. the Hockney 8 *ggg*

Alle sagten es geht nicht, bis einer kam der das nicht wusste und es einfach machte...:winkwink:

• Zitat von VasJ;103318

The red Z1 looks like its been vandalized by someone...

:laugh: ...and the Hockney-8 looks like beeing abused by some 6-9 years old aboriginis - :hmmmm: ähm, 20.000 years ago :rofl:
    (:oops: my huge 1:18 8er-collection contains a virgin, never openend Hockney-8-box too - just because it exists... :grin2:
    :devilchilli:...and to keep it away from other people too, so that their feelings don't get hurt! :aetsch: )

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!