Where did you find your 8 series?

• After six great years I've decided to part with my '97 CI Sport having realised as I renew the MOT that last year I did less than 500 miles. What's your opinion as to the best place to advertise? To any new owners out there in the UK: Where did you find your car and how did you become aware of the E31 in the first place? Any input greatly appreciated as the silence from Auto Trader is deafening!

Best Regards to All

1997 E31 840Ci Sport
    2009 Mini Cooper
    2008 Toyota RAV-4 XT-R

Do every act of your life as if it were your last.

• An interesting but decidedly thoughtful approach rather than, as you say, sticking an ad on Auto Trader.

If I were looking for an 8 I would steer away from Auto Trader and Ebay. That is not to say they don't have there place but I always feel there is a degree of uncertainty and you will need to be content with time wasters and low offers. Pistonheads seems to have a decent image and many cars sell there or try and negotiate a commission sale with a local independent garage, the latter probably being my first choice if I were looking.

It all depends how much you want and how long you are prepared to wait. If your car is in great condition ask a decent price and wait for it. People don't appreciate that you will not turn a £2K nudger into a £10K classic for £8K, so if it is good, ask good money. You can place an advert in the BMWCC magazine even if you are not a member, this will more likely attract an enthusiast.

Good luck and sorry that you feel the need to move on.

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von wokke;112309

both of them actually found me ;)
    neither one has been a planned buy.

:hmmmm: BOTH Wolf?

BTW: I was lurking around for an E24 when my Lady said she doesn't like it, but what would I think of an E31 instead...
    I went on on the political correct way :mrgreen: looking for an 8 with 18" Alpinas and CSi mirrors in black/black when I found my beauty via www.mobile.de in 2006 with silvergrey interior - no regrets about that "aberration" in interior color!

EDIT

Congrats on your wifes decission!!! :rofl:
    Political correct colors! :devilchilli:

Herzliche Grüße/ best regards

Harry! :winkwink:

• Zitat von 8Harry8;112311

:hmmmm: BOTH Wolf?

Yes, both of them.
    The yellow (ex silver) one was in my shop for repair when the owner decided that it is going to be too expensive and asked me to junk it.
    The black one was advertised here and I thought it might be one for a friend of mine who is looking for an 850. But wrong color and too many miles on the clock.
    I got a great deal on it and so I have two of them now.
    As a matter of fact none of my "toy cars" which are the three E24 as well as the two E31 have been planned purchases. Actually also my E38-735i with LPG system was a lucky find.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!