That is it, the best 8 series ever

• I just looked at the --Personal Gallery of Abdulmajeed Elshawa--His 850 has to the most amazing ever.
    Abdulmajeed, if you read this, could you tell us more about your car? Specially about that panorama roof.
    Thanks

• Yeah, I was looking at it last night. What a beautiful vehicle. I would also nominate another car, but I forget the owner's name. It is a green 8 that was brought to 8-Fest, the meet in California a couple of months ago. The guy called it an 860, because it had engine mods bringing displacement upto 6 litres. IIRC, it blew a csi away in performance. There shoud be some pictures of it available if they post the pictures of 8-Fest on the 8-fest.com site. I will see if I can find some.

• i did contacted a english company some time ago about tuning the old 850 v12, they could do it upto 425 hp with 6 litres but would cost you euro 30.000,--, right now about 35.000 us dollars, a bit to much for me, but it can be done..... :roll:

• what's the link to Abdulmajeed Elshawa's gallery? or his username? curious to see the panoramic roof...

My 1995 BMW 840Ci
    Authentic M Parallels, Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S, ACS-style aluminum pedals and more to come...

• Quite possibly :D but check out the Modification section on here, look for
    "how to get your 8 under 5 secs" :shock:

The figures are equal if not better than the v12, i too have followed this route but fell way short of such detailed engineering.

This Gets my vote :D

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von peter1980

Faisal,

I've been looking at your pics and I saw the RAM air intake (pics near the bottom). Does this really increase bhp?

Peter

Peter,

I could not really comment on a 840 or 850, but on my 6L conversion I had a increase of 23 HP and 24 lbs-ft at the wheels on a Chasis Dyno.
    But it put my A/F ratio to ober 13.0 and I had to get a new programming to add 3% more fuel to bring the car back to a Safe A/F mixture ratio at a loss of 2 HP. So the total gain for me was 21 HP.

HTH,

• Zitat von frank

i did contacted a english company some time ago about tuning the old 850 v12, they could do it upto 425 hp with 6 litres but would cost you euro 30.000,--, right now about 35.000 us dollars, a bit to much for me, but it can be done..... :roll:

Actually the price for a 455 HP 6L conversion is ....$ 27,534.38

But a 610 HP (Emissions legal using the McLaren Heads) will set you back $ 83,000.00

• Zitat

But it put my A/F ratio to ober 13.0 and I had to get a new programming to add 3% more fuel to bring the car back to a Safe A/F mixture ratio at a loss of 2 HP. So the total gain for me was 21 HP.

So, not really a 'bolt on and go' conversion :(

• Zitat von faisal_in_laurel

Actually the price for a 455 HP 6L conversion is ....$ 27,534.38

But a 610 HP (Emissions legal using the McLaren Heads) will set you back $ 83,000.00

I really hate to see that as it really validates the Corvette guys who simply put the Vette engine into nearly anything for way less money and comparable, and sometimes better, performance. :cry:

• Zitat von scourge

I really hate to see that as it really validates the Corvette guys who simply put the Vette engine into nearly anything for way less money and comparable, and sometimes better, performance. :cry:

No it does not. There is always FI. There is always the displacement difference. Compare a Same displacement BMW and GM Motor and you will see.

Plus I can not to the coin on it's edge trick with a corvette or Viper motor.

• Zitat von faisal_in_laurel

No it does not. There is always FI. There is always the displacement difference. Compare a Same displacement BMW and GM Motor and you will see.

I already know and don't need to see. 455hp for $27,500 is simply not an intelligent "investment" when that kind of power can be had for much less money in other engines - namely the Chevrolet LS series. There is a reason why the engine is so ubiquitous - power for value.

BMWs stock V12 in the 8-Series simply is not an impressive use of its own displacement. It should have had more power stock, but being what it is is not a bad thing. However, it is not an impressive V12.

I could even go the GTR route with RB26 and say that one could quite easily get 455hp without even having to open the motor. The MarkIV Supra being the same. There is no "magic" in the German engines that make them require such obscene amounts of money for so little gain despite the drivel I received from RENNtech and their aficionados.

Zitat

Plus I can not to the coin on it's edge trick with a corvette or Viper motor.

So what? An impressive trick no doubt, but performance wise, it is meaningless. Noise and vibration in other engines can just as easily be canceled out with dampers, maybe not to the degree of the BMW but still effectively so. Anyone who tries to claim that 455hp for $27,500 is good value simply has more money than brains or is desperately trying to impress others with their ability to spend cash.

It's your/their money to spend and your/their right to spend it as you/they see fit to do so, however 455HP is simply not impressive for that amount of money.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!