• What is the best make of tyre should I fit to my 840 Ci Sport. Present tyres Mich Pilots. What tyres were supplied fitted when the car was new in 1998. My car has 26k on clock and I think the tyres are original. The car has never been driven hard rims A1 condition. Any help appreciated.
    Alasdair (BigMac)

• UK

Al & Ian
    I also now think Mich Pilot tyres were fitted from new. I don,nt have a problem with fitting new Pilots as I assume they would be BMW preferred tyres. I am down to about 3mm so I am thinking about replacing front tyres. back down to about 3mm. Had some good prices from the net but not very good from Kwick Fit.

• Auto Express did a high-performance tyre 'megatest' last year and the Goodyear Eagle F1's came out tops as the best all-rounder. The Michelin Pilot Sports were down in 5th position. Mind you, I doubt if anyone on here is that good a driver to appreciate the difference between one make of tyre and another! It's all down to personal choice at end of the day. :wink:

John.

Cheers,

John.

E. Yorkshire, UK

K8PPL 1993 850Ci

• Tyres

Had 2 front Mitch Pilot Sports fitted £140 each fitted 235 x 45. For General interest the front 2 tyres I have just replaced were the original tyres after 26000 miles. I am very impressed.
    Thanks for Help Lads
    Alasdair

• Re: Tyres

Zitat von Alasdair

For General interest the front 2 tyres I have just replaced were the original tyres after 26000 miles.

you dont drive hard enough! :lol:

• I had Bridgestone Potenza S-03's for about four months before switching to Blizzaks WS-50's for the winter months.

I've never tried the Michelin Pilot Sports, but I love my S-03s. I think they are also a little cheaper.

Check out: http://www.tirerack.com

They have tons of reviews available for all tires, not just from the testers but from lots of customers, as well.

• ...that is a good site, but why can't they spell tyre correctly? :wink:

• Zitat von aussie840

...that is a good site, but why can't they spell tyre correctly? :wink:

Hey, that's nothing -- in some countries, people can't even drive on the right side of the road!

:shock:

In all seriousness, though, when you guys write "tyre" is always refers to the noun -- we both spell the verb "tire", yes?

• Zitat

Hey, that's nothing -- in some countries, people can't even drive on the right side of the road!

....that's bizarre!

Zitat

In all seriousness, though, when you guys write "tyre" is always refers to the noun -- we both spell the verb "tire", yes?

....yes for us tyre is the noun for those round rubber things on cars, we just use tire to described worn out...which is why i'm always confused when I see the goodyear blimp on nascar that says "goodyear tires" ... always wondered what made it tired.

seeya ian

p.s. next we can get onto aluminium. :wink:

• My best friend is from Texas (a whole other country with its own strange rules!) and she married an Australian, and they are living in Melbourne now.

We get into it with the "aluminium" ALL the time...

From the pictures she sends me, I can wait to visit your beautiful country!

• Zitat von Rey

My best friend is from Texas (a whole other country with its own strange rules!) and she married an Australian, and they are living in Melbourne now.

We get into it with the "aluminium" ALL the time...

From the pictures she sends me, I can wait to visit your beautiful country!

You are always welcome! I live in Melbourne too. The Formula 1 Grand prix starts in a few weeks - great time to visit for us petrolheads.

Ian

• Tyres

Back to the tyres guys

1. Don't bother with Dunlop's I had a set of the SP9000's and they lasted about 25,000miles ( on the rears ). Not great in the wet either. :(:(
    2. Conti's were the originals for the CSi but are no longer available in the 265/40 size for the rears.
    3. Michelin - Pilots are the recommended with Primacys an alternative
    4. I have Goodyear Eagles on the front at the moment and they do grip very well - especially in the wet, which is what you want when your driving a 2-tonne beast

:lol::lol:

Spikus Maximus - Surrey Highway Rat

• UK Tyres or tires or whatever they are

Had my '94 850i for almost 2 years. Autothority ECU upgrade which works for me. Got a complete set of new Goodyear F1's to welcome it. Fronts wore after about 8k, began to go seriously off about 2k before that. Couldn't source new front F1's at the time so tried Dunlop Sport 2000E's on advice of local BMW tuner / Porsche racer. They were just fab, wet & dry, loads of grip, like the car had a completely new front end........for about 3k, and now they're shagged. Rear F1's still fine, but I'm wondering about what to go for on the front. has anyone tried P Zero's? What sort of durability with Pilot Sports? :?::?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!